11-09-11 – Purely Film

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-09-11 – Purely Film

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Photos shot on film, no digital nonsense. Anything as long as it is shot on film.

Theme suggestion kudos go to Lovesandwich–thanks!

lokisbong
    Participant

Well it seems like this is likely gonna be my first contest with no entries in a really long time. I have a film camera but I have no good shots with it as far as I know and on top of that I will have to send the film through the mail to get it developed. Not sure I will even have the one roll I have taken developed and back to me by the time this goes live.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I was hoping this would be enough lead time…should I push it back?

lokisbong
    Participant

Nah. I Wouldn’t want to get it pushed back just for me. Especially if I fail to get any more pictures on film anytime soon. The camera I have might have ruined the shots I got anyway. I had to tape part of the top of the camera back together after dropping it on pavement. Won’t know till I get the film back if light leaks ruined the roll.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Light leaks are art…at least that’s what the Holga folks say! 😀

lokisbong
    Participant

Yeah but the whole top of the camera came apart. It might be 100% light leak with no usable images. lol. It seems like an even cheaper camera than the Holgas. I don’t know though because I have never dealt with Holga

Heres a picture of said cheap ass camera.

thrift store camera by lokisbong, on Flickr

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

Unfortunately my ‘new’ Pentax K1000 is dead, and I cannot afford to fix it right at the moment, this contest will be an an archive dive. Lucky for me I have trips to Paris, Amsterdam and Chicago to choose from.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

This is finally a reason to get that waterproof film camera I’ve been looking at. Kind of wish I’d brought my SRT-101 to the island, though. It was actually pretty darn good.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Nah. I Wouldn’t want to get it pushed back just for me. Especially if I fail to get any more pictures on film anytime soon. The camera I have might have ruined the shots I got anyway. I had to tape part of the top of the camera back together after dropping it on pavement. Won’t know till I get the film back if light leaks ruined the roll.

If there’s a consensus about moving it back, it’s not that big a deal. We have done that before and will likely do it again at some point.

powerfulkatrinka
    Participant

Are scanned from film images OK?

Kestrana
    Participant

Yes, you can scan from film for any contest.

ravnostic
    Participant

If I decide to do this contest (I’d have to dig through my old-school shots or buy some film and ‘settle’ for pharma-processing at this point), then I’ll need an OBO. Daylight Savings ends and for the next couple weeks I’ll be starting my shifts a little earlier.

//yeah, I’ll probably do it. I’m a sucker for these contests.

Kestrana
    Participant

There’s nothing wrong with Walgreens processing, we take our stuff there when we can (when it’s 35mm).

ravnostic
    Participant

Kestrana, assuming I were to do so, and opted for the cd version, hows the resolution? At CVS it was something like 720×480; horrible!

Or, I could open up the old steamer trunk and unpack the scanner I packed away after ‘scanner as camera’…

sleeping
    Participant

Yeah, C41 is pretty much C41 as long as the equipment is kept clean. Also, at least at CVS, you can ask for processing + a CD of scans but no prints, it’s a lot cheaper without them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 105 total)
  • The topic ‘11-09-11 – Purely Film’ is closed to new replies.