11-09-11 – Purely Film

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-09-11 – Purely Film

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

Are scanned from film images OK?

No. We’re going to mail prints around to each of us. 😯

Sorry. I’m just in a silly, sassy Friday mood. Please take no offense.

/ I’m sure I will archive dive for kid pics I took before my first Canon Powershot G3.

//However, Mr. Mopsy recently gave me his Canon FTb with 50 mm f/1.4. He had a friend “get him the good lens” during a trip to Japan in the 70’s so it might be an f/1.2 but I don’t think so. I also have some expired 35 mm film… I just might get out this weekend.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Are scanned from film images OK?

No. We’re going to mail prints around to each of us. 😯

Sorry. I’m just in a silly, sassy Friday mood. Please take no offense.

/ I’m sure I will archive dive for kid pics I took before my first Canon Powershot G3.

//However, Mr. Mopsy recently gave me his Canon FTb with 50 mm f/1.4. He had a friend “get him the good lens” during a trip to Japan in the 70’s so it might be an f/1.2 but I don’t think so. I also have some expired 35 mm film… I just might get out this weekend.

I was going to hold a print up to a webcam…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hell, I’ve cross-processed expired slide film at Walgreens. Just be sure to tell them you realize it’s not C41 and warn them it might look funny but that it’s ok.

aspidites
    Participant

Can I just photograph my slides on a light table for this one? My scanner broke. 🙁

linguine
    Participant

Can I just photograph my slides on a light table for this one? My scanner broke. 🙁

I think that should be fine. I’ve done that in the past when I’ve wanted to use a film print for farktography myself.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

If you’re simply using that as a way to transfer your film images to the digital medium, I don’t have a problem with that.

Kestrana
    Participant

ravnostic I don’t know, I’ve not gotten images on a cd in forever. You can probably ask at the desk though and find out.

We’ve also gotten cross-processed film done at the drug store. We just tell them it’s “artistic” film and will look funny.

Yoyo
    Participant

I was just thinking about leaving the prints in their album and snapping shots with my DLSR.

Yeah, it gives crappy results with warpage and glare, but I was in a hurry and only had a few hours at home between trips. Otherwise, I’ve got nothing.

Curious
    Participant

i have eleventy billion photos and or negatives but will probably try to get some new ones with mother’s old argus. won’t have time to get shots from the TLR Rollie done.

Farktographer
    Participant

This is the only way I was able to get my film up onto a computer.

/ugh, this theme is only a few days away and I have a couple rolls of unprocessed film I haven’t gotten a chance to develop. The closest film development place is about an hour’s walk from me, so I doubt I’ll make the time to walk there after work anytime soon 🙁

ravnostic
    Participant

Question: No post processing? Or is that allowed, given that some ‘real’ film types can do adjustments in the darkroom?

Kind of a moot point for me, since no one stepped up to OBO me, but I thought I’d ask anyways.

//bats pitifully sad eyes, sheds a tear…

U-Man
    Participant

Now, now…your OBO request was buried amidst a bunch of blathering and you know it. 🙂 I’m on-call this week so there’s always a chance I’ll be doing something work related at go-time, but I can post for you. If you choose somebody less risky I won’t be hurt.

For me, post processing will be limited to making the scan look like the print. I’ll get rid of some dust and that’s about it.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I don’t normally offer to OBO for TF’ers since I know y’all like to get in early, but since I’m temporarily a TF’er (thanks much again to someone who wishes to remain anonymous!), I can OBO for you, rav.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

On another note, olavf and kat, would you mind keeping your freaking earthquakes confined to out your way? 🙂 I always assumed that was the deal – Californian’s get the nice weather and earthquakes, and we get the tornados and terra firma.

For those that don’t follow OK news, we had the largest earthquake in state history last night – a 5.6. It was preceded by a 4.8 Friday night. I know you’re thinking “big deal, we eat 5.6’s for breakfast,” but it actually buckled the highway in several places near the epicenter. No actual damage here that I’ve found, but I’ve experienced 6 quakes now (3 in Cali and surprisingly 3 in OK), and this is the first one where the experience went from “ooh, cool, earthquake” to “oh sh!t, maybe I oughta stand in a doorway!” 😯

olavf
    Participant

CISS it wasn’t me, I swear! I’ve been way too busy this week.

In other news, I may end up sitting this one out. Or, at best, scanning something from 1980 to have something to enter :p

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 105 total)
  • The topic ‘11-09-11 – Purely Film’ is closed to new replies.