11-09-11 – Purely Film

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-09-11 – Purely Film

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    gambitsgirl
    Participant

Are scanned from film images OK?

No. We’re going to mail prints around to each of us. 😯

I jus pit out coffees 😯

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

… I can OBO for you, rav.

Strike that. Just got sent out of town, so I’m not even going to be able to do this one myself. Sorry.

Farktographer
    Participant

I can post OBO for both of you…you know, if you’re alright with a ‘liter doing it (…if I set 10 alarms, I’m *sure* I can get up at 5 a.m.)

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Appreciate it, Farktographer, but since I’m heading to the airport in 30 minutes, I’m not gonna have time to scan anything so there’s just no way for me to enter this one.

Farktographer
    Participant

Bummer…have a good trip, CISS!

ravnostic
    Participant

I can post OBO for both of you…you know, if you’re alright with a ‘liter doing it.

You had me until ‘liter. So…I gifted you for a month. Welcome to TFdom! 😀

Not that I’ll have anything for this…just had my last roll developed..24 images to the roll, and only one had the clarity and color I want…and unfortunately the scene isn’t what I’d call breathtaking (more like breath-gasping).

Looks like I’m going to have to buy some more film.

And bring my tripod and release cable.

And probably go back to composition 101, as well. 😉

//gonna be a busy afternoon.

Farktographer
    Participant

Total Farkdom! Eeeee! Thanks, Rav! That means I get to wake up at 2 a.m. instead to post the shots…maybe I can actually fall back to sleep after I’m done 😉

ravnostic
    Participant

Total Farkdom! Eeeee! Thanks, Rav! That means I get to wake up at 2 a.m. instead to post the shots…maybe I can actually fall back to sleep after I’m done 😉

You’re welcome. Film is cheap (though I can’t find b/w), but processing not so much–I figure if I’m going to spend it, it’s worth it to get them posted earlier. Where the heck are you that the thread goes up at 2am?!? In San Diego it should be 5pm, PST.

And on the note of not finding b/w film, mods,–is it okay to take pictures with b/w in mind, then scan them as such, or is that going too far from ‘film’. I just shot a roll that I’d envisioned in b/w until I found nobody carries it (except one shop too far away to drive to). I shot it anyway.

Yoyo
    Participant

Where the heck are you that the thread goes up at 2am?!? In San Diego it should be 5pm, PST.

Central Europe Standard Time. Anywhere from Spain to Serbia, and a few points beyond in both directions. If I haven’t mentioned it before, I’m in Kosovo this year, and hopefully Romania next year if I can get my personnel section to straighten out my paperwork. I’m not sure where Rav is located.

Farktographer
    Participant

You’re welcome. Film is cheap (though I can’t find b/w), but processing not so much–I figure if I’m going to spend it, it’s worth it to get them posted earlier. Where the heck are you that the thread goes up at 2am?!? In San Diego it should be 5pm, PST.

And on the note of not finding b/w film, mods,–is it okay to take pictures with b/w in mind, then scan them as such, or is that going too far from ‘film’. I just shot a roll that I’d envisioned in b/w until I found nobody carries it (except one shop too far away to drive to). I shot it anyway.

Moved about a month ago to the UK. Still haven’t changed my location on my profile…eh. I’m in Manchester now, so it should be about 2 a.m. my time when the posting opens for TFers on Fark time.

Actually, to double-check, what time *is* live posting for TFers? For me as a liter it was always midnight EST (5 a.m. GMT). Is it 3 hours before (so 9 EST)?

Yoyo
    Participant

Actually, to double-check, what time *is* live posting for TFers? For me as a liter it was always midnight EST (5 a.m. GMT). Is it 3 hours before (so 9 EST)?

The time difference gets screwy with standard time vs. summer time. I think you only need to stay up until 1 am in Britain. I only started back with Farktography this past summer, so it’s always been EDT for me (once I figured it all out). I wish the US would just get rid of DST once and for all. Think of the AC costs it would save.

ravnostic
    Participant

The time difference gets screwy with standard time vs. summer time. I think you only need to stay up until 1 am in Britain. I only started back with Farktography this past summer, so it’s always been EDT for me (once I figured it all out). I wish the US would just get rid of DST once and for all. Think of the AC costs it would save.

There’s a cute little picture going around FB right now with some famous indian (I don’t recall which) who says something along the lines of “I’ve studied this Daylight Saving Time thing and am convinced that Arizona and Alaska are right. Only the government could think you could take off a foot at the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket.”

My thoughts exactly.

**Contest posts at 8pm eastern for TF’s, regardless of DST. I show a 5 hour difference between N.Y. and London, so if you’re in the London time zone, 1am would be the ‘go’ time.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

I think Alaska has DST as well, though. It’s Arizona and Hawaii that don’t. These also just happen to be the two states I have lived in for the past six years.

ravnostic
    Participant

I think Alaska has DST as well, though. It’s Arizona and Hawaii that don’t. These also just happen to be the two states I have lived in for the past six years.

I think perhaps at the time of the quote maybe Alaska didn’t? Maybe I’ll have to look that up. And there’s a few parts of Indiana that don’t bother, IIRC.

mopsy
    Participant

I can’t be sure which film pics are my husbands and which are mine so I’m sticking with my trip to Scotland. I know I took those as he wasn’t along. Just my daughter and I went.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 105 total)
  • The topic ‘11-09-11 – Purely Film’ is closed to new replies.