11-10-10 – A day in the life of…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-10-10 – A day in the life of…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Go somewhere, do something, take pictures. Post your best three. Note: All pictures must be taken on the same outing or day.

Thanks for the theme suggestion, olavf!

justkat
    Participant

I love this idea! But I forget, did we ever discuss posting them all in one post or spreading them out?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Think the discussion was posting them separately.

olavf
    Participant

That’s what I was going to say. I don’t think there are many themes that lend themselves to three-in-one.

powerfulkatrinka
    Participant

To clarify, are these pictures to be taken just for the contest instead of ones taken on an earlier excursion?

Curious
    Participant

usually archive diving is allowed. then again a day trip with the camera isn’t to be turned down.

olavf
    Participant

My hope is that everyone gets all excited and runs out and takes a bunch of pics in the next month, but I didn’t make it a requirement. So, that’s the spirit of the contest, but not the difficulty.

ennuipoet
    Participant

The nice thing about this thread is basically ALL of my photography falls into this category!

olavf
    Participant

ennuipoet, I think I mentioned it in the original theme thread, but the basic concept was borne out of something Kat and do on a pretty regular basis. We call them ‘photo safaris’, and basically pick someplace and just go wander around and see what there is to photograph. Old Sacramento is one of our favorites, because there’s always just a hodgepodge of people and things to keep us clicking. Sometimes we’ll pick a place that might have something for a Farktography contest, or an idea for a shot one of us wants to get, but either way, the idea is to get out with the camera and use it. We try and do that at least once or twice a month.

Curious
    Participant

since i don’t leave the house on the weekends without a camera it’s turned into photo day trips for my friend and i. we don’t always take pictures if we are back somewhere we have been several times before but OTOH there is almost always something to see new or differently. and there is the current contest to try and shot for which will often dictate where we go.

zincprincess
    Participant

The nice thing about this thread is basically ALL of my photography falls into this category!

Mine too. Now I just have to figure out which weekend adventure had the best results.

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah orionid and I have this as a pretty healthy habit.

ennuipoet
    Participant

ennuipoet, I think I mentioned it in the original theme thread, but the basic concept was borne out of something Kat and do on a pretty regular basis. We call them ‘photo safaris’, and basically pick someplace and just go wander around and see what there is to photograph. Old Sacramento is one of our favorites, because there’s always just a hodgepodge of people and things to keep us clicking. Sometimes we’ll pick a place that might have something for a Farktography contest, or an idea for a shot one of us wants to get, but either way, the idea is to get out with the camera and use it. We try and do that at least once or twice a month.

Again, this is pretty much what I do all the time. I’ve got spots I hit on a regular basis, going back to one in the morning (weather providing). Ever since I picked up the camera again this has been my M.O. Not to get all gushy, but photography changed my life. I was rapidly transforming into a housebound hermit until I started shooting, now I am out every weekend and a good many week days just wandering, shooting pics and (incidentally) excercising! 😯

olavf
    Participant

Sorry ’bout that. I’d intended that as an answer to powerfulkatrinka‘s question.

But, the same thing basically applies to Kat and I for various reasons. Between my mobility issues, and especially when Kat was sick, photography, and specifically Farktogaphy to a large extent, kept us moving. The past two years have taken us from flutzing around (I used to have the bug when I was a kid, but lost it) to being serious enough to try and do something with it.

zincprincess
    Participant

It’s going to take me a week to figure out what to post for this. I have at least 10 different outings to choose from and the weekend is coming so there’s sure to be at least one outing. This is a good problem to have, I suppose. On the other hand, I’m screwed when “The Song Remains the Same” rolls around.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • The topic ‘11-10-10 – A day in the life of…’ is closed to new replies.