11-10-10 – A day in the life of…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-10-10 – A day in the life of…

Viewing 14 posts - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    lokisbong
    Participant

Indeed! Congrats U-Man. I wore my clicking finger out this week. Didn’t do great myself but also didn’t do too bad. As usual my favorite is in third place among my three. I am sure I will never figure out what the voters want but its fun to try.

zincprincess
    Participant

Congrats U-Man.

On a personal note, this was my highest finish yet and my first top 10.

ravnostic
    Participant

U-Man, you are a fierce photographer. Congratulations again! Is there any chance that you’ll ever see that woman again and present her with a print?

As usual my favorite is in third place among my three.

If I had a nickel…[checks stats]…I’d have about a buck ‘eighty.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

U-man, you are a continual source of amazement and inspiration. Huzzah to you, and zincprincess too, for the top ten.

Curious
    Participant

Is there any chance that you’ll ever see that woman again and present her with a print?

csb time

it’s the mid ’70s and i’m down around college station, tx taking pictures of an old train wreck. these two guys come out from a dirt side street and stop on the tracks before driving off. the passenger sees my camera and does the “take a picture” thing holding up his beer. so take his picture and print it. next time i’m in the area i drive back into the place he came from hoping to give him the picture. don’t see him or the car he was in so i’m showing the picture to folks asking if they know where i can find him. and they don’t know who he is, where he is or anything else. since i was well intentioned and being friendly i’m a bit surprised.

then i remember that i’m driving a cop car i bought at auction complete with spot light.

/csb

SilverStag
    Participant

In the primitive replica watches contemporary society to contemporary modern society, females dress up become more and a lot more perfect. Only use two leaves or animal fur to warp critical parts of your body from birth to died in primitive culture.

Spammer???

Edited by Elsinore to remove spammer link

ravnostic
    Participant

In the primitive replica watches contemporary society to contemporary modern society, females dress up become more and a lot more perfect. Only use two leaves or animal fur to warp critical parts of your body from birth to died in primitive culture.

WTH? I’m with SilverStag on this. It’s senseless.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yep, spammer. One who is no longer with us. That’s the first account we’ve dropped the banhammer on here…

orionid
    Participant

What about the aprillove account? I got the suspicion that it was a “feeler” for spam, give that ‘her’ first post was “hey, Veruca, I’ve been waiting for you to……”

olavf
    Participant

I’ve been wondering about that as well, but I’m pretty sure it’s not a bot, so I figured I’d watch and see.

You never know. meowsaidthedog could have a new-found interest in photography or something.

LeicaLens
    Participant

I’ve been wondering about that as well, but I’m pretty sure it’s not a bot, so I figured I’d watch and see.

You never know. meowsaidthedog could have a new-found interest in photography or something.

Oh please no…
    Never quite figured out his/her schtick. Not really a troll, possibly an alt for someone, but for what purpose? The “I’m not a native English speaker” thing wears very thin very quickly.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

What about the aprillove account? I got the suspicion that it was a “feeler” for spam, give that ‘her’ first post was “hey, Veruca, I’ve been waiting for you to……”

Missed that action. Could be, might not be. Most spammers don’t go through that much trouble to post that much before dropping the spam links in, however, hackers might…

olavf
    Participant

I did a little poking around and there are a number of websites that have members with that username (aprillove20), but I can’t find anyone with a variation of that Fark handle. There is a common theme of photography across most of them – A number of photography-related websites, such as outdoorphotographer.com and some graphics arts websites. Many of the posts in those sites have a similar language structure as her’s does here. There’s also an active user on an ESL website using that same login with posts in the same style.

So I suspect she’s a real person, but I wish she’d share some of her work, and/or participate more than commenting on other’s stuff.

orionid
    Participant

Well, there you have it.

Viewing 14 posts - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • The topic ‘11-10-10 – A day in the life of…’ is closed to new replies.