11-16-11 – You Can’t Fight City Hall

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-16-11 – You Can’t Fight City Hall

Viewing 10 posts - 106 through 115 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    ennuipoet
    Participant

My most memorable Thanksgiving was actually at bootcamp. We were supposed to have been part of an “adopt-a-sailor” thing, but the guy that had drawn us slept in. So we got on-base liberty instead and went to the arcade. I had two microwave burritos. They were excellent. It might not have been the best Thanksgiving dinner, but certainly one I’ll never forget.

Not Thanksgiving but Christmas, in Basic, first time away from home ever really, second worst Christmas ever. We had the day off but we had only been there a week so all we could do was make phones calls home. The worst was guarding Cuban refugees in Panama sleeping on a cot in a gravel floor tent eating MRE’s while the refugees had turkey dinners. Which they did not like.

Oh, I don’t miss the military.

orionid
    Participant

Well, while you’re bringing up worst….. Worst holiday period ever: http://youtu.be/1PxdNxmNz1E

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to kestrana and ravnostic this week!

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Congrats to the co-winners!

Thanks to the voters–all three of my entries placed really well. That was my best threesome since that one time, in band camp …

Hope everyone has a good thanksgiving. Try not to stress too much; whenever I feel down, a sure-fire way to snap myself out of it is to compare my “problems” with someone who has a way worse life, such as a starving orphan in Africa, or one of those microcephalic Jersey Shore meatheads 😉

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Congrats to rav on the individual first and to Kes on the firsts in both individual and combined. The Weekly Reports post has been updated with the latest stats.

Kestrana
    Participant

Whoa…last I checked I was in third. Thanks guys!

ravnostic
    Participant

Kes, from 3 hours into envotenating on Wednesday (Thursday, E/CST), I was just waiting for you to overtake me, and all the way to the last minutes Sunday morning. That shot was full of win, and I’m glad it did. :o)

Also glad I managed to eek out a first place for myself, of course. I gotta share–a lot of my selections of what to submit are based on having ‘previewed’ them first on Google+, to good response. Kinda like Neilson sampling. 😉

Kestrana
    Participant

Of course that shot was the one I chose last minute without expecting anything of it.

olavf
    Participant

Congrats both! I’ve been struggling with a rinky-dink 1xRTT tethered wireless connection, if I had any signal for the past few days, so I missed the whole thing :/

gambitsgirl
    Participant

AWESOME 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 106 through 115 (of 115 total)
  • The topic ‘11-16-11 – You Can’t Fight City Hall’ is closed to new replies.