11-23-11 – Triptych Portraits

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-23-11 – Triptych Portraits

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 311 total)
  • Author
    linguine
    Participant

My god, we’ve gone plaid.

olavf
    Participant

So we’re all on the same page, right?

Right. And cars are alive, right?

They consume, they excrete, they are mobile, modern ones even have brains that think

They still don’t reproduce though.

wanna bet?

Until I see little Smart cars waddling away, it didn’t happen.

How many nested quotes can we get?

At some point they’ll collapse in on themselves and form a black quote hole.

I wanna see that in a twisted kinda way 😈

A hole from which no substance can escape.

Past the point of no return.

Would it help if we divided by zero?

do
    {
    quote(last_post);
    }
    while (true);

I’m dizzy now…thanks!

Just wait until Elsinore gets back.

So will the forum engine start line wrapping the earlier ones at some point?

Wheres my black quote hole?

Improbability passing 10,000 to 1. Passing 100,000 to 1. Passing 1,000,000 to 1. Approaching infinite improbability. Standby.

You know, it kind has that Mayan temple thing goin’ on now. Xtapolopacetl is pleased.

U-Man‘s original post is getting narrower, but not as quickly as I might have thought. Perhaps there’s a quantum effect in force.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

They consume, they excrete, they are mobile, modern ones even have brains that think

wanna bet?

do
    {
    quote(last_post);
    }
    while (true);

I’m dizzy now…thanks!

Improbability passing 10,000 to 1. Passing 100,000 to 1. Passing 1,000,000 to 1. Approaching infinite improbability. Standby.

You know, it kind has that Mayan temple thing goin’ on now. Xtapolopacetl is pleased.

U-Man‘s original post is getting narrower, but not as quickly as I might have thought. Perhaps there’s a quantum effect in force.

Keep going, guys! I think if we compress the first quote enough, we might be able to finally discover the Higgs-Boson.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

wanna bet?

do
    {
    quote(last_post);
    }
    while (true);

I’m dizzy now…thanks!

Keep going, guys! I think if we compress the first quote enough, we might be able to finally discover the Higgs-Boson.

Oh good Lord.

/still playing along

Yoyo
    Participant

I also support your distinction that the photos should be parts that together show a whole subject as opposed to three whole pictures of the same subject arranged together. If I read you right, you don’t want entries that look like a seamless arrangement or whole photo broken into pieces, even if it is from multiple frames. – This distinction would answer aspidites, yoyo, and gambitsgirl‘s questions.

I might rewrite the theme description as:
    “Take three photos of different parts of a living thing or object and combine them in a triptych for a single fark-sized creation. As usual, you can submit three entries.”

First off, my questions were if plants and demons were alive. And the way I understand my examples (Waterlilies by Monet and Garden of Earthly Delights by Bosch) they both show 3 different views of one thing. The water lily is the first thing, and the second thing is a bit more metaphysical. I sort of understand the idea that the submitter intended as evinced by the linked examples, but I think the expansion/change of the criteria/description/theme(?) would be more stifling than inspiring.

(Give me another minute to read the rest of this thread, and I’ll probably change my argument entirely.)

Farktographer
    Participant

I was figuring on plants being alive. Not so sure about the demons…

gambitsgirl
    Participant

ahahahahaha – there has been merrymaking in this here thread

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

wanna bet?

do
    {
    quote(last_post);
    }
    while (true);

I’m dizzy now…thanks!

Oh good Lord.

/still playing along

I must get in on this experiment

staplermofo
    Participant

wanna bet?

do
    {
    quote(last_post);
    }
    while (true);

I’m dizzy now…thanks!

Oh good Lord.

/still playing along

*crunch*

lokisbong
    Participant

wanna bet?

do
    {
    quote(last_post);
    }
    while (true);

I’m dizzy now…thanks!

Oh good Lord.

/still playing along

*crunch*

Well it would seem we are definitely all on the same page now! Question answered U-Man

Farktographer
    Participant

wanna bet?

do
    {
    quote(last_post);
    }
    while (true);

I’m dizzy now…thanks!

Oh good Lord.

/still playing along

*crunch*

Well it would seem we are definitely all on the same page now! Question answered U-Man

Woohoo! U-Man’s text shrank.

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

wanna bet?

do
    {
    quote(last_post);
    }
    while (true);

I’m dizzy now…thanks!

Oh good Lord.

/still playing along

*crunch*

I wonder if the next nested quote shrinks too.

Uranus
    Participant

wanna bet?

do
    {
    quote(last_post);
    }
    while (true);

I’m dizzy now…thanks!

Oh good Lord.

/still playing along

*crunch*

I wonder what this stepped pyramid looks like in side-elevation…

sleeping
    Participant

wanna bet?

do
    {
    quote(last_post);
    }
    while (true);

I’m dizzy now…thanks!

Oh good Lord.

/still playing along

*crunch*

I wonder what this stepped pyramid looks like in side-elevation…

Are you mad? The human mind can’t cope with that kind of horror!!!

Kestrana
    Participant

yoyo – non-fake plants are alive and valid for this theme.

In lieu of being able to photograph a person in a demon costume or an actual demon (which would be simultaneously awesome and terrifying) I’d say they’re probably out since the subject would actually be a representation of a demon, like a model which isn’t alive.

And I pity anyone else who comes into this thread with questions about the theme.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 311 total)
  • The topic ‘11-23-11 – Triptych Portraits’ is closed to new replies.