11-23-11 – Triptych Portraits

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-23-11 – Triptych Portraits

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 311 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

Hey, I just noticed Kestrana’s latest input. –> I agree.

OK. There seems to be enough support for the initial difficulty. Although I totally understand the broader theme = more participation concept, I’m going to choose to leave this one as nearly original. I’m only going to change the panels wording to allow different layouts. How about this?

Take three different photos of different parts of the same subject and combine them as a triptych for a single fark-sized entry. As usual, you can submit three entries. Difficulty – The subject must be alive.

ravnostic
    Participant

Take three different photos of different parts of the same subject and combine them as a triptych for a single fark-sized entry. As usual, you can submit three entries. Difficulty – The subject must be alive.

Works for me, and saves me some back-reading, to boot.

Farktographer
    Participant

…. a good many will have not done anything along these lines before.

kind of the point, isn’t it?

Yugoboy, ennuipoet – who says it has to be people?

This was what I wanted to achieve with suggesting projecting something over a 3D object…it is as much as what can make of the creative challenge as it is about simply shooting a subject…one would hope that enough people would be challenged that participation would still be high, it encourages shooting new stuff in new ways.

I’d like to see something equally challenging at least once a month.

I agree with this whole-heartedly. Like Pope Larry II said, I joined Farktography to try new things and hone my skills as a photographer. It’s nice to do something you’re comfortable with, sure, but pushing your boundaries is where you learn. I’d love to have a monthly “challenging” theme that, while it might not get as many subs, will push those who participate to think outside of the box.

Kestrana
    Participant

I definitely think this will be a lower participation theme but I’m also expecting some higher-than-usual quality entries. So we’ll see what that does to voting.

U-Man
    Participant

So we’re all on the same page, right?

orionid
    Participant

Right. And cars are alive, right?

Yugoboy
    Participant

They consume, they excrete, they are mobile, modern ones even have brains that think

U-Man
    Participant

I’ve been thinking of some sort of anthropomorphism theme. But not this one. No cars. :p

kashari
    Participant

So can the panels be different sizes & arranged differently then just side by side?

linguine
    Participant

They consume, they excrete, they are mobile, modern ones even have brains that think

They still don’t reproduce though.

olavf
    Participant

I’m on three pages, but that’s just how I roll.

But, my brain is fried. I found out this afternoon that I have to make about six of the best shots I’ve ever produced by next Monday. Just for fun, but no pressure… (archive diving not allowed. Whee!)

Plamadude30k
    Participant

I found out this afternoon that I have to make about six of the best shots I’ve ever produced by next Monday. Just for fun, but no pressure… (archive diving not allowed. Whee!)

What for?

orionid
    Participant

wanna bet?

ravnostic
    Participant

I’m on three pages, but that’s just how I roll.

But, my brain is fried. I found out this afternoon that I have to make about six of the best shots I’ve ever produced by next Monday. Just for fun, but no pressure… (archive diving not allowed. Whee!)

Gee, it’s only light painting. Against Giuseppe Basile. What pressure? 😛

I, personally, would be pretty much freaking out by now. However, you’re creative and talented and have kat’s help as an assistant, and I’m sure you’ll do well. I’m SO looking forward to this!

kashari; U-Man put up some examples regarding alt. trip. formats; I think so, yes, we can be different.

But along those lines, What about insets? For example, one large photo with two detail insets laid within?

ravnostic
    Participant

wanna bet?

Until I see little Smart cars waddling away, it didn’t happen.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 311 total)
  • The topic ‘11-23-11 – Triptych Portraits’ is closed to new replies.