12-14-11 – Mandatory Procrastination

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-14-11 – Mandatory Procrastination

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

This one actually works for me. I’m on-call this weekend and my mojo usually isn’t the best during call weeks.

Like orionid, I will be planning somethings inside w/ flash. Or maybe an outside night shot. These winter hours and coming home in the dark sort of push me that direction. Then again, being involved with y’all for a few years and working past dark has forced me to learn about lighting. 🙂

gambitsgirl
    Participant

awesome. one i may actually be able to do

kashari
    Participant

Since when does procrastination involve planning (well, aside from planning to do nothing like I’m doing today…)? 😆

fluffybunny
    Participant

Eight Stages of Procrastination:

Inspiration
    Planning
    Priority Conflict
    Compromise
    Anger
    Denial
    Hurrying
    Acceptance

kashari
    Participant

Eight Stages of Procrastination:

Inspiration
    Planning
    Priority Conflict
    Compromise
    Anger
    Denial
    Hurrying
    Acceptance

Maybe I should have actually woken up before posting. I guess you do have to have a plan that gets put off. 😆

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

I’m glad I’m mot alone in panicking on this theme. I’ve got photos ready for themes that have only been approved. Heck, sometimes I try to be a few weeks ahead of the themes.

I’m still trying to come up with ideas for the theme.

mopsy
    Participant

I think my problem is that it is so wide open. It’s easier for me to have a theme that points me in a general direction. It will be interesting to see all the variety!

Kestrana
    Participant

The only plan you need is where to go Tuesday night/Wednesday day. Then just let your surroundings guide your lens…or something like that.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Thank God college ended last week. I actually have a few minutes for this.

I, too, am still trying to determine where to be and what to shoot. Although, if I can get up early enough on Wed, my commute has Christmas lights up already.

monsieurstabby
    Participant

This is gonna be awesome! There’s nothing better than procrastination without the guilt!

Farktographer
    Participant

It’s been raining every damn day here for the past 2 weeks, but I’m planning for a miracle clearing tomorrow so I can get some shots after work. Scouted out some places yesterday that I liked…maybe I’ll just hold an umbrella over the camera if it’s not too windy.

ravnostic
    Participant

I’m kind of glad my dad’s knee surgery was today–it’s kept me from dwelling on this one so much. I’ve had last-minute shots before, but it’s been hard not knowing what I’d do. As it is, while waiting for word on dad (went great–they’ve already had him up on his feet once, albeit his leg is somehow ‘blocked’ from any feeling), I FINALLY thought of an idea. I think it’s a good one, so then I’ll only need two more inspirations to occur and I’ll be set. I feel guilty, though, for planning the shot before 6pm local/8pm farkistan. I’m waiting till then before I do any work, though.

U-Man
    Participant

Hey. When exactly IS 8:00 Farkistan time? I mean, compared to say, Central Standard Time.

U-Man
    Participant

I think Rav answered in a FB post. 24 hours pre-post time. Yes?

orionid
    Participant

Yes. 8 eastern, 7 central.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)
  • The topic ‘12-14-11 – Mandatory Procrastination’ is closed to new replies.