12-15-10 – Blur

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

Yay! 4 day weekend, short project to complete, resulting in new photographic toy-goodness…and just in time for the contest! I bet I’ll take 1000 pictures. One of them ought to be worth some votes…

U-Man
    Participant

Are you buying or making a T/S?

ravnostic
    Participant

Making. See recent post under ‘hardware’ (though it’s listed under ‘New Macro Toy’, sleeping got me to realize it’s true potential.)

Easy enough to do quickly (and undo as well), but I’m going to try to think of a way to make it both omni-directional and be able to hold a fixed position. That might take longer.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I sure hope t/s counts–I’m planning on using some t/s shots myself!

ravnostic
    Participant

I sure hope t/s counts–I’m planning on using some t/s shots myself!

Eeek! 🙁 I better bring my game…

cameraflage
    Participant

Luckily, I have a 48 mph dog.

EdenLiesObscured
    Participant

Luckily, I have a 48 mph dog.

yeah, well i have a 170mph motorcycle.

seriously, though, that’s freaking awesome. greyhound? whippet?
    i’ve had a few boxers hit mid 30s, but they couldn’t maintain it very long.

QueenBee
    Participant

Is blur by distortion OK? I had a shot I loved for another theme that I couldn’t end up using of some type as seen through a full wine glass and the words are blurred and distorted at the edges.

orionid
    Participant

And here I am, two days before and finally get my inspiration. Now lets see if I can pull this off without looking like a creeper.

U-Man
    Participant

QB – Sure. It sounds like the blurred part adds to the whole pic.

It’s not where my brain went, but that’s part of the fun with these themes.

QueenBee
    Participant

QB – Sure. It sounds like the blurred part adds to the whole pic.

It’s not where my brain went, but that’s part of the fun with these themes.

It does because it makes the other words really stand out. Yay! I’m excited to use it 😀

orionid
    Participant

And here I am, two days before and finally get my inspiration. Now lets see if I can pull this off without looking like a creeper.

So…. Since I live in a bubble-wrapped “OMG THE CHILLUNS! PLEASE THINK OF THE SNOWFLAKES!” state with no see-saws or merry-go-rounds…..

Where does one draw the line between blur and soft focus?

U-Man
    Participant

No see-saws around here either.

I don’t know how to answer your question because it is a gray zone. Frankly out-of-focus is fine. “Soft focus” might not be.

Options – 1 – post it here and we’ll opine.
    2- post it tomorrow and let the votes decide.

FWIW – I plan on using two motion blurs and a shallow depth of field with bokeh.

ennuipoet
    Participant

So…. Since I live in a bubble-wrapped “OMG THE CHILLUNS! PLEASE THINK OF THE SNOWFLAKES!” state with no see-saws or merry-go-rounds…..

Where does one draw the line between blur and soft focus?

I went out searching for a merry go round for Kid at Heart determined to take some motion blur shots spinning around the playground…merry go rounds are gone. Of course, I left in a Left Lib Paradise so they may still be out there somewhere

😀

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I had several ideas for this one but RL conspired to make sure I had no free time. So archive hunting for me unless I do something weird like take photos at work tomorrow. We’ll see if that happens… Either way best of luck to everyone! I’m looking forward to seeing the shots this week. I like things partially in focus with interesting blurry bits here and there. It reminds me of meeting people at “last call” in bars/clubs back when I used to do such things. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 86 total)
  • The topic ‘12-15-10 – Blur’ is closed to new replies.