12-15-10 – Blur

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Use blur for a purpose. Examples of blur include: motion, long exposure, panning, intentional out-of-focus, shallow depth-of-field, etc.

Thanks for the theme description, U-Man!

zincprincess
    Participant

Does each entry have to feature a different type of blur, the same type of blur, or any combination we choose?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Nope, U-Man dropped that difficulty, so you’re free to do anything you want with blur.

ravnostic
    Participant

Would blur caused by a longish exposure upon the surface of water at night count?

lokisbong
    Participant

Would blur caused by a longish exposure upon the surface of water at night count?

My guess would be yes that counts. long exposures are even mentioned in the description.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

My guess would be yes that counts. long exposures are even mentioned in the description.

This^

U-Man
    Participant

This^

Yeah. What they said.

Actually, that sort of thinking is exactly what I’m after. Blur with a purpose. (and if you’re really lucky shooting that water, with a porpoise)

bada zing!

kashari
    Participant

Does ‘racking’ your zoom lens during a long exposure count?

U-Man
    Participant

Does ‘racking’ your zoom lens during a long exposure count?

Sure.

EdenLiesObscured
    Participant

what if the shot has a questionable lack of blur, but my vision is way blurry due to alcohol?

ravnostic
    Participant

what if the shot has a questionable lack of blur, but my vision is way blurry due to alcohol?

As long as you bring the hooch, enough for everyone….

EdenLiesObscured
    Participant

As long as you bring the hooch, enough for everyone….

haven’t found too many people who like sambuca, which is my alcohol of choice.

U-Man
    Participant

I don’t think so. Maybe you could ask everybody to look at it all squinty-like.

ravnostic
    Participant

Does tilt-shift count? Because thanks to sleeping, I just realized I have a new toy…

U-Man
    Participant

If you’re blurring something for a purpose, it counts. I’d say that T/S falls nicely in that category. It’s sort of like far-away shallow depth of field. Actually, not even sort of. It is. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)
  • The topic ‘12-15-10 – Blur’ is closed to new replies.