12-15-10 – Blur

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    sleeping
    Participant

Hmm, trains seem oddly popular with the voters this week. I almost didn’t post mine, but it was the only thing I had that I shot specifically for the contest….

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Yeah, I was kinda surprised at the number of them, too. BTW, really like your waterfall shot, sleeping.

Elsinore, the snowflake apertures are really cool. I wasn’t aware of that effect, I’ll have to keep it in mind. Especially like the Blizzard in Blue.

rav, your circular light tunnel is pretty cool, too. What is it?

orionid
    Participant

Likewise on the trains. Almost didn’t use mine until Kestrana mentioned it while I was archive digging for my third shot. The other two were shot specifically for the theme.

SilverStag
    Participant

Yeah, I wanted to use this one:

Night Express by pjern, on Flickr

But found out I had wasted it on a night contest. Argh.

ravnostic
    Participant

rav, your circular light tunnel is pretty cool, too. What is it?

It’s a little give-away toy from work, a hand-held battery operated fan with an led light strip. I broke it. The series I took for this contest killed it.

EdenLiesObscured
    Participant

had i foreseen the trains’ popularity, i would have gone with: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zrx1200r/3775264046/
    not that it would/could compete with the other train shots…..

[sorry for the link re-direction. at work, on highly controlled computers. can’t save, yadda yadda.]

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Elsinore, the snowflake apertures are really cool. I wasn’t aware of that effect, I’ll have to keep it in mind. Especially like the Blizzard in Blue.

Thanks much 🙂 Lensbaby has a Creative Aperture Kit that comes with a number of pre-cut shapes, plus some blanks with which to create your own. They’ve also updated the kit since I bought it a few years ago, and now it includes some other shapes as well. They’re fun to play with 🙂

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

I have to admit I was a little giddy this morning when I checked Fark. I did not expect to be that high in the rankings. I’m glad the voters like trains this week.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I’m with ya, Pope. I had grand plans for new material but time ran out and I had to go archive diving, so I definitely wasn’t expecting to have a top ten contender.

The series I took for this contest killed it.

Well at least it died in the line of duty, then. 🙂

zincprincess
    Participant

Here are some B’s. Should they have been A’s? I dunno. It’s been a pretty dreadful week, and I just went with my first instinct without a thought about the votes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38736385@N02/sets/72157625615076142/with/5083222309/

Maybe I’ll get my photo-mojo back in the new year. When I do, I’ll come back to this thread for cool ideas. Lots of good stuff this week.

EdenLiesObscured
    Participant
    zincprincess wrote:
    Here are some B’s. Should they have been A’s? I dunno. It’s been a pretty dreadful week, and I just went with my first instinct without a thought about the votes.

Quote:
    really like the first one…..
    EdenLiesObscured
    Participant

((i shouldn’t try to revise posts when i’ve had little sleep))

ravnostic
    Participant

really like the first one…..

This.

Well at least it died in the line of duty, then.

I plan on asking the training dept. for another one. It was a fun toy and I didn’t get to explore all the ideas I had. 😥

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I really, really like this theme. There are a whole lot of fantastic entries and the range of ideas is much broader than most weeks. Too early to vote this a “classic” so we can repeat it periodically? 🙂

Here’s a couple of b-sides.

I’m gonna smack you! parrots

Spider web fractured wetlands

Trail of flapping birds in fog

trentchau
    Participant

orionid

Here’s how my shot of Sarah was light with her whipping hair.

Thanks for inviting me to this forum, should of joined a while ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 86 total)
  • The topic ‘12-15-10 – Blur’ is closed to new replies.