12-15-10 – Blur

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

orionid

Here’s how my shot of Sarah was light with her whipping hair.

Thanks for inviting me to this forum, should of joined a while ago.

That’s awesome! Welcome to the parlor…

zincprincess
    Participant
    EdenLiesObscured wrote:
    zincprincess wrote:
    Here are some B’s. Should they have been A’s? I dunno. It’s been a pretty dreadful week, and I just went with my first instinct without a thought about the votes.

really like the first one…..

In hindsight, I probably should have used the first one instead of the flower shot. This is why I shouldn’t wait until the night of the contest to post. Oh well.

orionid
    Participant

orionid

Here’s how my shot of Sarah was light with her whipping hair.

Thanks for inviting me to this forum, should of joined a while ago.

Interesting. *takes notes*

Now I just need to go knock off the neighborhood convenience store so I can pick up a lighbox and a couple reflectors.

And welcome to the behind-the-scenes party, the cheetos are over there. And don’t mind the guy running around with the lampshape on his head, that’s just Staplermofo looking for his camera.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Now I just need to go knock off the neighborhood convenience store so I can pick up a lighbox and a couple reflectors.

With your penchant for DIY, you don’t need to resort to crime, just dig around in the Big Pile O’Parts, you probably have a lightbox in there waiting to be built.

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

Maybe I’ll get my photo-mojo back in the new year. When I do, I’ll come back to this thread for cool ideas. Lots of good stuff this week.

I like your pictures, both in the Farktography contests and on flickr.

I’ve also been having photo-mojo issues, I just haven’t been in the mood to shoot actually. The entries this week (and next week) were a result of getting out of the house before I went nuts.

One of the things I found out this week is sometimes it’s just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. My train pictures were a result of taking a different path back to my in-law’s house from a photo-safari for next weeks theme.

orionid
    Participant

With your penchant for DIY, you don’t need to resort to crime, just dig around in the Big Pile O’Parts, you probably have a lightbox in there waiting to be built.

It’s true. I was already thinking of a couple different ideas. I’ve also seen people use those silver sunscreens for car windows as reflectors that conveniently fold up to pocket size.

I also had a fill-flash softbox on my christmas list.

trentchau
    Participant

It’s true. I was already thinking of a couple different ideas. I’ve also seen people use those silver sunscreens for car windows as reflectors that conveniently fold up to pocket size.

I also had a fill-flash softbox on my christmas list.

Because of the structure, it’s actually a lot cheaper to buy it now. Though DIY is great. I suggest a thin pvc backbone until you find support rods.

thanks for the invite guys!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

thanks for the invite guys!

Well, I’d welcome you, but you look to be serious competition, so go away! Just kidding, of course. 🙂

Seriously, welcome and thanks for sharing your setup on that shot. Learning from those of you who actually know what you’re doing is a lot of why I’m here.

EdenLiesObscured
    Participant

Rav — can’t get over the wild circular “blur2”. that is just darn trippy and confounding and eye-catching.
    a few others i tip my cap to (apologies to those i liked but don’t mention):
    becauseisaidso and the tilt-a-whirl
    orionid and the grain train
    olavf and the beer
    keerok and the downhill curve
    harpo and the seal

and…welcome, tchau. i drooled over your entry last week. and the entries this week.

ravnostic
    Participant

Thanks, ELO!

olavf
    Participant

Thanks EdenLiesObscured. I’ll admit I’ve used one other shot from that session, but it’s not often you get a relatively empty bar and free reign with the camera (and willing participants to boot).

It was a deliberate ‘off-focus’ shot, and I’m glad folks got the ‘feeling’ though. I don’t often do well with these sort of contests, due to the subtle and astract nature of my brain, apparently 😛

Curious
    Participant

I don’t often do well with these sort of contests, due to the subtle and astract nature of my brain, apparently 😛

maybe i’ll start using that. far better than admitting i take crappy photos 🙂

olavf
    Participant

maybe i’ll start using that. far better than admitting i take crappy photos 🙂

I’d NEVER admit to that 😉

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to harpo this week!

trentchau
    Participant

Congrats Harpo.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 86 total)
  • The topic ‘12-15-10 – Blur’ is closed to new replies.