12-16-09 – White

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    QueenBee
    Participant

well Im reposting. i guess it’s not really that important if the votes dont come together..

soosh
    Participant

Hey soosh, is your snowstorm picture black and white/grayscale? Usually your night time shots have colored light sources like sodium lights and whatnot, but that looks monotone?

nope, it’s not grayscale or black and white. it wasn’t a sodium light, but a more greenish-white halogen or something, and I set the white balance in camera to offset it and make it all white and then over-exposed the hell out of it. it was close enough to white, unlike the sodium lights, that correction back was possible.

if you look closely at the trees, you can see a little green. I actually bumped the saturation up a notch, but it was a heavy foggy snowstorm at 1200′ elevation.

Upmqtguy
    Participant

Okay so I have a serious question. I have been using Photoshop to resize my photos for posting! Last night I could not get one of my images to decrease in file size….not until I got it down to 2 inches by 3 inches was it small enough to upload…but looked so bad I just didnt bother. Any help for me?

linguine
    Participant

Photoshop has a save for web option that should save it as a smaller file size.

soosh
    Participant

when you save, do a “save as” and there should be a slider that will allow you to adjust the compression and shrink the file size without shrinking the image physically. also, 2×3 inches doesn’t really mean anything for posting on the internet. what was the pixel size you were trying to save at?

U-Man
    Participant

I use the ‘Save for Web’ function. It compresses the image to around 100 dpi. In save for web, I save one copy at 640 px wide (label #1) and one larger size to click-pop to. For the 640 px wide image I use the quality slide bar (Label #2) to get my file size down to 100-140 kb (Label #3). I don’t go bigger than 140. For the larger than 640 pop-to image, I don’t care how big it is because that one isn’t displayed on fark and therefor the rules don’t apply.

linguine
    Participant

Well the weather forcast for maryland is now calling for 5 to 10 inches of snow 1 week too late.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

QueenBee: I restored your original so you can get your votes back. Looks like the file size is 151k, so it just might have hiccuped at some point. 150k generally is safe, but the file size limit is sort of fuzzy, and I’ve found it’s safer to keep it under that.

Upmqtguy
    Participant

Thank you for all your comments and help.

U-Man
    Participant

I just looked through the thread and saw the two while rabbits. I had forgotton about this little guy in my files. He is stuffed up at some little museum in Chicago. Reminded my on Monty Python.

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Rabbit-6596.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Rabbit_6603.jpg

QueenBee
    Participant

QueenBee: I restored your original so you can get your votes back. Looks like the file size is 151k, so it just might have hiccuped at some point. 150k generally is safe, but the file size limit is sort of fuzzy, and I’ve found it’s safer to keep it under that.

you rock 🙂 I’m just surprised to be having issues lately since I never did in the past. I’ll try to double check the sizes in the future. thanks again 🙂

justkat
    Participant

Please check my image at

just kat [TotalFark] (deleted: Broken image) Quote 2009-12-16 08:01:14 PM Vote

On my side there’s nothing wrong with the image – all the images are in the same place and the other two are fine. I would like my entry/post reinstated pweeze!

justkat
    Participant

It’s my favorite one, too, even if it’s not the funniest one. I think it’s 1) the whitest; and 2) the cutest. lol It’s just so happy to be sleeping in… a happiness doomed to be its last… bwahahahaha…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got it, justkat. No clue why that one dropped, but it should be good now.

justkat
    Participant

Got it, justkat. No clue why that one dropped, but it should be good now.

thank you very much 🙂 😀 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • The topic ‘12-16-09 – White’ is closed to new replies.