12-16-09 – White

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

sleeping in the afternoon?

You’re just jealous…as am I.

I’m the Retail Support Supervisor for the local JCPenney. I do all that stuff that you don’t see done when you’re shopping. Yesterday I worked 3a – 1:30p. However, I am by nature a night person, so usually I take a nap when I get home and then stay up kind of late.

My job has absolutely nothing to do with my degree or really anything I did prior to working in retail but it’s better than a kick in the face. It has had a big effect on me in that I used to be a t shirt and jeans sort of girl and now I’m like “OMG new SHOES!!1!” sometimes. But only sometimes.

Saturday begins the 2am shifts, o boy how i love thee xmas

thepostess
    Participant

Retail–NFER (no further explanation required)

I work for Wally World and share your pain.

QueenBee
    Participant

i have a second job in retail. Our hours just shifted to being open till 11pm and by next week it’ll be midnight so..yay for subbing all day and then having to work the other job till midnight!

I have a couple of ideas for this contest. We’ll see how they come out as I haven’t been overly thrilled with my stuff lately…

U-Man
    Participant

I’m in the Midwest. I like snow. The Midwest just had a winter storm. My sister in Green Bay got 14 inches of snow in less than a day. Mopsy probably got the same. It was 3 degrees F yesterday. There is a ‘White’ theme coming up.

….somehow, there was a snow-hole in this storm and we got less than an inch. Not nearly enough for a good white pic.

Kestrana
    Participant

We had the wettest November in the last 15 years in Washington and not a single inch of precipitation since December, and the cold weather, began.

corsec67
    Participant

It is the middle of December, and the big weather news at school is that the low will break 0 on Saturday. 0 Celsius, so it will touch freezing. There is also a chance of rain that day, which I don’t think will result in anything like real snow.

I have plenty of snow pictures from when I was in Colorado, and when I went to Canada in March last year. Thus my 3 entries will be from different years in different countries.

orionid
    Participant

Meanwhile, I’m walking ’round in women’s underwea…. Errr….. a winter wonderland, and have the photographic equivalent of writer’s block.

U-Man
    Participant

Perhaps you could get things rolling by trying something for next weeks Season’s Greetings and see where it takes you.

orionid
    Participant

Hmmm…. It’s good wet-pack snow. I may have something. I went through a calvin-and-hobbes-esque phase once on a much more sadistic level. And this is Fark.

/Three hours ’till sunset, ready, break!

cameraflage
    Participant

Not much snow along the Amish Frontier this week…looks like it’s time to go archive mining. I knew we wouldnt get any snow because I went and put the snowplow on the tractor.

olavf
    Participant

I’ve managed to come up with one I really like, one I’m okay with and one that I like, but don’t think anyone else would, and I’m not sure it’s quite in theme.
    http://65.78.140.207/TF/farktography/091216.white/white_tree-3410_sm_web.JPG

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I dunno..it’s a lot more gray than white.

soosh
    Participant

it’s a lot more gray to me, too.

we’re under a winter storm warning for a foot of snow tonight. woo!

olavf
    Participant

Yeah, I figured it was on the cusp. Oh well, I wasn’t sure I was going to use it anyway.

Jealous about the snow, soosh. We had a serious winter storm last week (snow level down to around ~50ft one day), but nowhere near anyplace I could get before it turned into rain.

U-Man
    Participant

I wanted to do this one but didn’t.

White Chuck Taylors. White tube socks with some sort of dorky white-guy stripes at the top. Jumping about 5 inches high. White background. Framed from the floor to just below the knees.

White men can’t jump.

I plan to use one where the subject (snow) is white. But the non-white setting is important and the white part is only 50%ish of the pic. We talked about it earlier, but does that sound OK for the “dominant white theme”?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)
  • The topic ‘12-16-09 – White’ is closed to new replies.