Calendar services?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

Has anyone come across a site where I can upload photos and apply them to a 2012 calendar and have some printed for my family this year?

If so, please advise, and thank you.

It was a sad day in my local area today, as it was confirmed that 6 people, 3 of them young children, died in a plane crash in the Superstition Mtn.’s Wednesday night. Tragic at anytime, but especially so at Thanksgiving.

As such, I’d like to remind us all to cherish the times we have with our loved ones, for we know not when life may unexpectedly take them from us.

I wish for all our community a safe holiday season, blessings to you all.

This year I’m thankful for this community for embracing me, warts-and-all, into the community and teaching me so much about this passion we all share.

//carry on then.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

If you’re not looking for the absolute highest of quality, you can do that through WalMart. I’ve never printed calendars, but I’ve done lots of 4×6’s up through 8×10’s from my local WalMart 1-hour and they’re at least acceptable, especially for the price and convenience.

ravnostic
    Participant

Ahh, I don’t want the absolutely highest of quality, but I do want something nice. I’ll check them out, though.

Yugoboy
    Participant

You might check out your local major chain supermarket. Not the Piggle Wiggly or the Big M, but the Giant, the Ingles, the Wegmans, or whatever’s near you. They’re more likely to have a Kodak kiosk than Wally World. The quality will be better. The price only a little higher, but the quality will be better.

Also, ’tis the season to go malling. There may be a kiosk at a local mall that will do it. Look for the one that’ll make a mug with your picture on it.

aspidites
    Participant
    olavf
    Participant

I pretty much do all my shit through mpix right now, but I haven’t tried calendars…yet.

aspidites
    Participant

I pretty much do all my shit through mpix right now, but I haven’t tried calendars…yet.

I use mpix for all my printing also. I requested their printer profiles and I have my monitors set up for their printers, so what I see on the screen is what I’m going to see on my prints. That and they will drop ship the prints to any address I put on the order so I can send them straight from mpix to my customers.

Kestrana
    Participant

I just ordered an inexpensive calendar for my Grandmother from shutterfly.com with a gc I had. I’ve gotten prints from them and they were good quality. I’ll let you know how it looks.

I have also heard really good things about mpix, just haven’t tried them yet.

ravnostic
    Participant

I checked out a number of these, and another friend I was chatting with suggested lulu. They seem to have a lot of features I’m not seeing at mpix and the other places (pictured within the date fields, for example, and a wider selection of formats that I can do differently on each page (plus they have one without any preset background.) Price, after buying 5, seems pretty good, too; for what options it gives.

I’ll give that a go (I’ve already determined I have a lot of resizing to do) and see how it works. I’ll let you all know! (if there’s enough lead time, I’d like to see one before I order bunches.)

orionid
    Participant

I’ve gotten the spiral calendar from Mpix before and would absolutely recommend them. The app also lets you customize it, so you could, you know, remind everyone in your family when your birthday is.

ravnostic
    Participant

I can appreciate that Orionid–but they’re $19 from 2-20 copies, and after 5, I can get them for $9.95 at Lulu. Of course, there’s the ‘you get what you pay for’ factor, but I have purchased t-shirts through them before; one of which I still have after 5 years because it’s a favorite. Here’s hoping that quality extends to other medium. It’s stained, but there’s no holes…I wear it to every festive occasion because it reads “Who do I have to sleep with around here to get laid, anyway?’ and it’s a conversation starter.

Yugoboy
    Participant

A final option is to design your own calendar (many programs offer that option, and there’s some freeware ones, too) and take it to Kinko’s or someplace similar.

The benefits there include total control over design, and the ability to approve/disapprove print quality prior to purchase.

ravnostic
    Participant

A final option is to design your own calendar (many programs offer that option, and there’s some freeware ones, too) and take it to Kinko’s or someplace similar.

The benefits there include total control over design, and the ability to approve/disapprove print quality prior to purchase.

Now there’s a thought. I’ll look through my software and see if any have calender support. It took me a couple hours to get the first few months done at lulu. OTOH, might take me that long doing it this way–but I’d have more complete artistic freedom.

clouddancer
    Participant

If you use Sam’s club locally (or the like) you may be able to do something with them. Kodak is going out of business I heard, but they also probably offer it. Otherwise, I’d suggest Mpix. I used them to create some custom Christmas cards with an image I took last year (Husband kept saying it’d make a great Christmas card), and I’m REALLY happy with how they came out, so I’d go back. For simple prints that I want to scrapbook, or maybe put on the wall, I’ll go with the 1-hour thing for Sam’s and I upload the photos and have them printed at like 13 cents a 4×6 and such. Good luck.

olavf
    Participant

kes I liked Shutterfly, but I stopped using them when I realized that not everyone ships their large-format prints rolled up in tubes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar services?’ is closed to new replies.