Skip to toolbar

Farktography party idea(s)

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Farktography party idea(s)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

Soooo…… A while back, Pangolyn and I were talking, and thought about the logistics of farktography party. Then mofo made a quick comment about one in a previous post (can’t remember where).

But here are the ideas we’ve tossed about so far:

Farktographers, especially the regulars, are scattered all about the country (world, counting Uranus — Or would that be solar system?), but seem to be clumped in SoCal, New England, and the upper midwest. That said, it should be far enough away calendar-wise to allow for travel plans. And probably not in Mopsy‘s stomping ground if it winds up in the winter.

Since travel should be accounted for, one of two options exist:

Someplace middle America and historic like St Louis would be best for those making a drive, or,

Someplace with a major industry that supplements the airfares to that particular city for cheap prices with lots of nifty things to take photos of, like Las Vegas.

There should be beer.

We just thought it’d be cool to be able to actually meet everyone, talk shop, compare notes, ‘mofo could follow through with all of his threats to mug people for their cameras, enjoy a beer, and walk around an historic or scenic city taking photos.

Feel free to throw out comments, criticism, concerns, additional thoughts/ideas, logistical nightmares, or other random japanese music videos.

olavf
    Participant

Given enough notice, Kat and I could do this…

As far as where, I’d suggest a larger city, or as you said, someplace that at least has cheap airfare.

Were it my choice, I’d suggest New Orleans, but not any where around Mardi Gras or Decadence. Plenty of beer, and loads and loads of interesting things (and people) to photograph besides.

Also, I know of a good bar on St Charles, and know a TFette that has an ‘in’ with some of the hotels nearby 😉

millera9
    Participant

Give me enough notice (several months at least) and I would be willing to go anywhere in the US for this. In other words: I’m in.

staplermofo
    Participant

Since travel should be accounted for, one of two options exist:

Someplace middle America and historic like St Louis would be best for those making a drive, or,

Someplace with a major industry that supplements the airfares to that particular city for cheap prices with lots of nifty things to take photos of, like Las Vegas.

There should be beer.

Chicago is a historic city in middle America with a major industry that keeps airfare and hotel prices relatively low, as well as crazy stuff to photograph.
    We have a ton of museums (including a photography museum), bars, reasonably good mass transit and beer.
    Not to mention the bean.

Chicago also throws the best Fark parties known to me.

(I don’t really know anything about travel, but I worked it out and Chicago would be cheapest and easiest farktography party location for me, and since I could drive, it would be a lot easier to throw all your cameras into my trunk and drive off than having to explain myself to airport security.)

If it’s in the contiguous 48 states, I’m in.

staplermofo
    Participant

Oh, I’ll be driving from Chicago to LA and back for the Morning Musume concert on July 1-5.
    I’d love to pop by and meet some of you folks on the way.
    Assuming my medications don’t change, I’m a one person farktography party.

Uranus
    Participant

As far as where, I’d suggest a larger city, or as you said, someplace that at least has cheap airfare.

Amsterdam has historical hookers, enough weed to make the free accomodation in the police cells quite tolerable, is the home of lots of superb beers (and here they’re not expensive imports), halfway between the US and Australia so it’s centrally located and it’s large-ish…

So size, historical, cheap, central…ticks all the boxes. When’re y’all coming over?

linguine
    Participant

I’m going to have to nominate Baltimore. We could figure out what the most popular baseball team is among farktographers and then watch them beat the crap out of the O’s.

lokisbong
    Participant

Amsterdam has historical hookers, enough weed to make the free accomodation in the police cells quite tolerable, is the home of lots of superb beers (and here they’re not expensive imports), halfway between the US and Australia so it’s centrally located and it’s large-ish…

So size, historical, cheap, central…ticks all the boxes. When’re y’all coming over?

As soon as I can figure out how to double my income I will be over. Right now I would have a hard time getting to New Orleans. but that would be a good choice for me.Saving money has never been my strong suit.

lokisbong
    Participant

Oh, I’ll be driving from Chicago to LA and back for the Morning Musume concert on July 1-5.

Uh mhuh huh What did I just watch .Other than a bunch of cute girls. 😕

soosh
    Participant

I’ll be wandering around British Columbia next month for a little more than a week, but other than that won’t likely be coming down to the lower 48 for who knows how long. Last time I left Alaska was 2006.

olavf
    Participant

I dunno, but if the tickets were remotely affordable my vote would be Tokyo…

and ‘mofo if you’re cruising out I-80 to I-5 South, you’ll be heading through town. gimme a heads up and we can at least arrange dinner.

Uranus , love to head over across the pond. I’m guessing the closest we could hope to get, even with advance warning would be London though :/

staplermofo
    Participant

Cute sneezing contest. If you don’t sneeze cutely, OUT!
    C’mon man, the umpire, scoreboard and people shoving tissue up their noses should have tipped you off.
    Frankly, their sneezing skills weren’t up to snuff. Search youtube for くしゃみ, you’ll see what I mean.

and ‘mofo if you’re cruising out I-80 to I-5 South, you’ll be heading through town. gimme a heads up and we can at least arrange dinner.

That’d be great, I’d love to mu… meet you guys.

olavf
    Participant

That’d be great, I’d love to mu… meet you guys.

Heh. I’ll make sure and hid my vintage stapler pr0n collection then.

Not worried about the cameras, ’cause they’re *gasp* Canons 😉

millera9
    Participant

I could get behind ‘mofo‘s Chicago idea. Fun city, comparatively easy to get to, relatively central (USA), history of debaucherous fark parties. Anyone have any other site suggestions?

I would say California, but it’s likely that by then we’ll be bankrupt with our gasoline stores under siege from Lord Humongous.

So yeah, maybe not…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Indianapolis is another centrally located, reasonably priced city. We don’t live there, but it’s not too far a drive.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.