Farktography party idea(s)

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Farktography party idea(s)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    SilverStag
    Participant

Indianapolis is another centrally located, reasonably priced city. We don’t live there, but it’s not too far a drive.

Another benefit to all is that *I* live here 🙂

Seriously, you can stay and party here for 75% of what you can in Chicago, and I’ve got the skinny on all the good shooting locations 🙂

staplermofo
    Participant

I’m pretty sure the last time I went bar hopping after a fark party I ended up in Indianapolis.

orionid
    Participant

Indy or Chicago do sound do-able. Major highways, major aiports…. And I’ve got a friend in West Lafayette, whom I could probably visit with, as well. Hmmm….

/Now all I need to do is trick everyone into having it coincide with my road trip to Bonneville in August. 😉
    //suddenly remembering horrible images from my last/only time in Chicago. Lots of push-ups, lots of people yelling, two months of tightyl-whities, no phone calls, and making my bed in less than four minutes. It might be nice to see the city without singing “Anchors aweigh” while marching.

olavf
    Participant

Given enough warning we could probably hit nearly anywhere with a major airport- the hubs are better for that because the airfares tend to be cheaper.

I think the major requirement should be that some sort of photography (or Farktography) outing could be factored in to the mix.

orionid
    Participant

I think the major requirement should be that some sort of photography (or Farktography) outing could be factored in to the mix.

I agree, that’s why I initially suggested someplace historic or “ooh, shiny!”

But while major hubs are being tossed out, the big apple has three major aiports, two major train stations, and non-holiday weekends can usually find cheap[er] hotels on expedia or priceline. then again, it’s the, what, third largest metropolitan area in the world behind tokyo and jakarta?

/and also a two hour amtrak ride for me 😉
    //”A group calling themselves ‘farktographers’ stormed the B&H Photography Store earlier today… Next on Fox!”

olavf
    Participant

there’s definitely something to be said for New Amsterdam too (see what I did there?)

Tix from here can be had for pretty cheap if one catches the sales, and we could possibly find a couch to surf even.

But if we’re going to B&H, we’d have to hit up Adorama too…

staplermofo
    Participant

New York is preposterously expensive.
    Also, their fark parties, pizza, hot dogs, pastrami, sports teams and accents suck.

linguine
    Participant

Indianapolis is another centrally located, reasonably priced city. We don’t live there, but it’s not too far a drive.

I don’t know, I hear Indy has some nasty spiders.
    And being from Baltimore I’d be tempting to start torching the city.

olavf
    Participant

well if spiders are a gating factor, that rules out our house.

Pity too – I was gonna put a big keg in the kegerator and put some meat on the grill and everything.

linguine
    Participant

well if spiders are a gating factor, that rules out our house.

Pity too – I was gonna put a big keg in the kegerator and put some meat on the grill and everything.

Well if theres kegs we should all be able to have enough alcohol in our blood that the alcohol will kill the spider’s poison.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I don’t know, I hear Indy has some nasty spiders.
    And being from Baltimore I’d be tempting to start torching the city.

I think he got bit in Texas, not Indy 😉

A lot of places are probably going to be cheaper than Chicago, Vegas, or New York yet still be on the hub system…Indy, Cinci, Louisville being the most centrally located and least expensive. St. Louis possibly, as mentioned, but I think it would be slightly more expensive. Louisville is ok as long as it’s not Derby time.

Honestly not sure what my availability is going to be the rest of the year. Have a friend’s wedding at the end of June, my 10 yr wedding anniversary in July, birthday and shooting gig in Sept, and dance gigs scattered throughout. But if I can make it work, I’d love to come hang out with you guys 🙂

olavf
    Participant

Well if theres kegs we should all be able to have enough alcohol in our blood that the alcohol will kill the spider’s poison.

that or we’d have a bunch of drunk spiders…

Elsinore we’d need a few months notice to be able to afford the trip, but we could probably swing wherever so long as it isn’t Cincinnati or Detroit 😉

throwing out some other ideas: San Francisco has some good places to fill up your camera’s memory card, likewise Seattle.

cost for any city is going to be variable, both from an airfare and from a hotel perspective. If there’s enough of us, we can reserve a block and save some cash on the hotel, and for both, the shoulder seasons (early fall or late spring) might give us the best bang for the buck

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I just realized there’s also Nashville, though it’s probably in line with St. Louis.

olavf
    Participant

What we need is a virtual dartboard…

Curious
    Participant

last time this came up i was all for it.

now i’m stone broke and New Orleans is the only doable suggestion so far. and with what’s forecast for the economic future that probably won’t be changing. damn.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • The topic ‘Farktography party idea(s)’ is closed to new replies.