"Pass the Farkamera"

Forums Forums Projects and Collaborations Projects "Pass the Farkamera"

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 301 total)
  • Author
    monkeybort
    Participant

maybe airmonos has dropped out?

stapler – could you hit up SnugTight w/ your mailing address?

idle_hands
    Participant

thanks for posting the pix Snug Tight! i’m just tickled pink that this project is proceeding apace (where’s my smiley?) oh yeah :o)

Snug Tight
    Participant

No problem idle_hands. Thanks for getting this thing started.

The Farkamera is on its way to staplermofo in Chicago.

staplermofo
    Participant

The Farkamera is here with staplermofo (me) in Chicago.

Two things have occured to me, both humiliating.
    1. your handwriting is a lot neater than mine (I have to practice printing now)
    2. I have no idea how to use this thing.

How do I know if it’ll be over-exposed, underexposed, focused, etc? It’s ISO 800, but what about the aperture and shutter time? There doesn’t appear to be a flash, but there might be one hidden somewhere! It’s all so mysterious and blue.

Whoever gets it next, e-mail me your address and I’ll pass it along ASAP (staplermofo at g-mail, pending advice on shooting stuff).

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I don’t know if that one has a meter to automagically adjust exposure for you (I’m guessing it does), but if it’s ISO 800 with no flash, I think you’re going to want to shoot it outdoors, because indoor light will give a color cast to the film. If there’s a flash, the flash would counteract the yellow of tungsten/incandescent lights or the green of fluorescents, and you wouldn’t have a color cast. Hopefully someone else with more knowledge of film can give you more insight though!

Curious
    Participant

staplermofo here’s the page for the camera http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=2/3/9/1026/1036&pq-locale=en_US but they don’t tell you squat. either there or in their FAQ’s. it looks like simply wind, point, shot, pray. they do recommend outdoors use. and in case your planning an underwater shot don’t go too deep, you lose light (from the FAQ’s)

and if it’s any consolation i get complaints about my printing let alone my writing.

monkeybort
    Participant

i think what most of those disposable cameras do is have the aperture really tiny, like f32 or so, and the focus set on infinity. with the ISO800 and the (probable) shutter speed around 1/100 (totally guessing), it makes them pretty much idiot proof as far as getting a shot that is not blurry. we had a bunch of them at our wedding and they mostly turned out fine. they really are supposed to be ‘point and shoot’ – i think as long as you’re at least 4-5 feet from your subject and it’s not horribly bright or really dark, you should be fine.

anneb
    Participant

The Farkamera is here with staplermofo (me) in Chicago.

How do I know if it’ll be over-exposed, underexposed, focused, etc? It’s ISO 800, but what about the aperture and shutter time? There doesn’t appear to be a flash, but there might be one hidden somewhere! It’s all so mysterious and blue.

I went and looked at the picture up at the top of the thread.
    Think “Kodak Instamatic.” Or, “think of something creaky old folks around you used to use when they were kids.” Wind. Make sure your finger isn’t over the lens. Point. Shoot.

Focal length is something like 4′ to ‘becomes too tiny to see in the viewfinder.’ Shutter speed is fixed. Aperture is fixed.

I used to carry one around in my purse just in case I wanted a camera handy. “Used to,” because since I was a kid using that instamatic, I’ve had this overlearned response that after I shoot a picture, I immediately advance the camera to the next frame. So I would end up paying for processing of a roll where like every other picture was black (inside of my purse.) After a few rolls like that, I decided that was enough of that, and now I just toss my D70 in my backpack.

Snug Tight
    Participant

I would of posted sooner, but the power went out Thursday night because of the ice storm. It has been in the mid 20s during the day and about 6 at night. My wife and I lasted until Sat. afternoon at the house (It was in the mid 40s inside) when we headed to the hotel. Power came back on last night.

Now about the camera. When I got it it wasnt wound. I took the shot but didnt wind it. It seemed to be just a basic point and shoot. Try not to over think it, just have fun.

staplermofo
    Participant

So who gets this thing next?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think Captain Jim gets it next?

monkeybort
    Participant

ya, looks like cap’n jim and then on to elsinore.

CaptainJim
    Participant

I just got it today. I have no idea what to take a picture of. Everything around here is dead and brown now:(

millera9
    Participant

I just got it today. I have no idea what to take a picture of. Everything around here is dead and brown now:(

There’s nothing wrong with the art of the macabre!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Barbies? 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 301 total)
  • The topic ‘"Pass the Farkamera"’ is closed to new replies.