Spock

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    fluffybunny
    Participant

Was flipping through the internets the other day and came across this:
    http://www.annenbergspaceforphotography.org/events/iris_nights_past_bc_nimoy.asp

Found his discussion of Theme and Robert Heinecken interesting.

So how many of you “carry cameras”? I don’t limit myself as strictly as he seems to but I don’t always have one on hand.

Favorite photograph of Spock:

Farktographer
    Participant

Awesome link, fluffy. I’ve been to Annenberg, but didn’t know they did seminars like this. I’ll be watching a lot of the videos on this site in my free time now, I’m sure.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I never (well almost never, a deli run is the exception, leave home without a camera.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

I bring my camera and one or two of my favorite lenses (that changes every week or so) with me to work every day, just in case.

Kestrana
    Participant

I would take my camera with me more often but when I go to work I don’t trust my locker at work to remain private and I’m sure as hell not leaving a thousand dollars worth of camera stuff in my car in the mall parking lot all day.

orionid
    Participant

I want to. I try to. I usually forget.

Yugoboy
    Participant

When I can, I do… Given the number of times I say “Dammit! I wish I had….” I’m beginning to reconsider the retiring of my old Olympus. At least I’d have something nicer than my cell phone with me.

olavf
    Participant

I try, and usually forget too.. I’m just not that awake in the morning.

Last week, I just happened to remember it, and took a bunch of really killer garter snake shots at lunch. I really ought to remember more often.

Weekends, it’s usually in the car, if not on my back when I leave the house.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I’m with Plamadude30k and ennuipoet on this one. I take my camera bag to work everyday and most time I go out otherwise. I generally just wind up carrying it around or leaving it in my trunk, but I like having the option to take photos if an opportunity presents itself.

Yugoboy
    Participant

The main thing that keeps me from schlepping it around always is that I have a Jeep. With a soft top, all you need to break in is an opposable thumb. I do manage to bring it more often than not, even if it doesn’t always get pulled out.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

I try, and usually forget too.. I’m just not that awake in the morning.

Last week, I just happened to remember it, and took a bunch of really killer garter snake shots at lunch. I really ought to remember more often.

Weekends, it’s usually in the car, if not on my back when I leave the house.

The whole reason I started bringing my camera with me was that I found a HUGE snail on my way in to work one morning, and I didn’t have a camera with me. Of course, I haven’t seen a single snail since then, but there have been some pretty sunsets and nice rainbows I’ve caught.

olavf
    Participant

Plama I’ve had too many of those. Kick, kick, kick, kick, kick 😛

OTOH, I’m pretty sure everyone at work thinks I’m completely nuts now, after half the lunch crowd drove by me hunkered down in the gutter, but

Totally worth it.

Farktographer
    Participant

I would take my camera with me more often but when I go to work I don’t trust my locker at work to remain private and I’m sure as hell not leaving a thousand dollars worth of camera stuff in my car in the mall parking lot all day.

This applies to me, too. Except I don’t even have a locker, so I’d pretty much be leaving my camera bag in a common room with a couple hundred other people trusting nobody to take it while I’m a hundred feet away in the lab…. Yeah, I don’t have that much trust in humankind, sorry 😉

That being said, we’re having a big Christmas lighting ceremony on Thursday in Manchester, and I need to bring my camera, so I’m figuring I’ll ask my supervisor if I can lock it in his room…or maybe hide it behind a ton of toxic stuff nobody else will want to go near.

lokisbong
    Participant

I almost always at least take my point n shoot. It is super old and abused now because of that policy but it is still plugging away taking pictures although lately it seems the picture quality is getting harder to achieve with the old canon a560.

10-13-2011 by lokisbong, on Flickr
    This took a dozen tries to get it to focus on the windscorpion at least. I spotted it and took a bunch of so-so pictures of it while I was at work.

Farktographer
    Participant

I bring my camera and one or two of my favorite lenses (that changes every week or so) with me to work every day, just in case.

I’ve bugged the reception of my lab several times, and they finally caved and got me a locker. Woot, gonna start bringing my camera with me every day 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Spock’ is closed to new replies.