summer sabbatical

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    caradoc
    Participant

OK. We’re tentative for Saturday, July 16th. Who’s got a good meeting spot, or shall we keep an eye on the storm tracks and see about spending that evening near a hot spot?

Plamadude30k
    Participant

This sounds like a fun summer, even with the heat (I’ve lived in Louisiana and Arizona both, and I’ll take the desert heat any day over the muggy torture that is the bayous).

Find a weekend to camp somewhere up on the Mogollon Rim if you can. Man, it’s gorgeous up there.

I was supposed to be camping up on the Mogollon Rim right now, until all the fires happened.

July 16 might be a little tricky for me, as my dad and my brother are supposed to be visiting me around that time, though I’m not sure exactly what days they’ll be here. I’ll see what I can do-maybe they’ll be up for coming along.

EDIT:
    Or better yet, now that I think of it, I have a great place for lightning which has other fun things to photograph if there aren’t any storms-the observatory! If you guys would be willing to drive down to Tucson, I was going to request a night of eyepiece observing on the 61″ around that time. I’m going to see about getting a T-mount adapter for my camera so I can hook it up to the telescope and have the biggest DSLR lens in history.

Curious
    Participant

threadjack

Palmadude30k i left you a comment in the fark fraktography thread.

/threadjack

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Saw it. Commented. Cool stuff.

/Also, it’s Plama, just fyi.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

You will be missed linguine! Have a great time, and I look forward to seeing your photos!!

linguine
    Participant

Thanks, Im heading to West Virginia for training in a little, I should have internet but I don’t think Im going to have time to do anything for this weeks contest. Then its road tripping to arizona next week.

orionid
    Participant

Watch out for banjo music echoing from the trees.

caradoc
    Participant

Watch out for banjo music echoing from the trees.

A buddy of mine was born in a small town in West Virginia. He left as soon as possible.

He claims the #1 best-selling greeting card there is “Happy Birthday, Uncle Dad!”

Curious
    Participant

Saw it. Commented. Cool stuff.

/Also, it’s Plama, just fyi.

sorry, i’m going with the fat finger excuse since i did look at it before typing. and somehow missed it on preview.

kashari
    Participant

OK. We’re tentative for Saturday, July 16th. Who’s got a good meeting spot, or shall we keep an eye on the storm tracks and see about spending that evening near a hot spot?

We’ll just be finishing up our family reunion (in Forest Lakes near Payson) on the 15th or 16th, so hopefully I’ll be able to make it. I don’t know of any good spots though…

eta: Just saw Plasma’s post about Tucson, that would be cool too if I’m back and not too burned out from driving.

ravnostic
    Participant

That’s my short week so I’ll be there if:

1) I don’t get the promotion and find my schedule changed and
    2) I either have repaired my Canon xTi or replaced or upgraded to another (see ‘hardware’ post.)

millera9
    Participant

Just saw this thread. I’m up for a meeting some time in July for sure! Unfortunately I won’t be moving into my new house until late September, otherwise I would offer my place as a meeting spot.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Hey, I didn’t know you were moving to Tucson. We should get together before I leave.

millera9
    Participant

Hey, I didn’t know you were moving to Tucson. We should get together before I leave.

For sure! I am here until August, then moving to the Cave Creek/Scottsdale area. I live near Swan/River right now. Where in Tucson are you?

ravnostic
    Participant

I’ll be down that way July 9th, 10th, maybe 11th, in about the same area. Not sure what my plans will be but would love to meet you.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • The topic ‘summer sabbatical’ is closed to new replies.