The Hopper: Themes to be Scheduled

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Themes The Hopper: Themes to be Scheduled

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    linguine
    Participant

Would the Vice Vice Baby theme be a memorial to pangolyn?

No, that was going to be the dragons theme. http://farktography.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1835

clouddancer
    Participant

So if I’m reading this right (and I hope I am) the next 4 (after the dragon one 7/1/09) are Shiny Shiny, Vice Vice, Industrial Arteries and Man’s Best Friend?

linguine
    Participant

Probably, but something else could slip in there as well. It’ll probably be updated soon.

clouddancer
    Participant

Sorry for the typo above, it should be Arts not arteries. Don’t ask how I can add an extra “erie” in there, but it’s part of how I do my job better (details somewhere else). I’ll keep an eye on the Hopper then and the other locations to see exactly what’s next, but I’m assuming the Hopper is the general gist of what is to be expected?

orionid
    Participant

Els, Shouldn’t the hopper and/or next few weeks be scheduled before the boobies tomorrow night? How will we know what next week’s theme is?

/just a slight elbow, I know you have to coordinate with the other modmins and all.

linguine
    Participant

All the themes that are currently scheduled will show up in the “this weeks contest section” – http://farktography.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewforum&f=5
    The upcoming events section on the left hand side of the page under the calendar will also show up to the next 4(I think) contests that have been scheduled. They tend to just get scheduled in clumps so there will be times when theres 6 contests scheduled and times like now when theres only 1 or 2 contests scheduled.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, sorry guys. Got buy with going out of town. Getting things updated right now, and we’ll repopulate the hopper, too.

orionid
    Participant

Yay!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

And the hopper is repopulated (finally). Sorry guys!

lokisbong
    Participant

Woo Hoo!

bucky_bacon
    Participant

I love this current hopper. It’s so full of the fun!

U-Man
    Participant

This might be totally my issue, but I just haven’t been enthusiastic about quite a few of the themes over the past few months. Is it just me?

Anyway, I was hoping we could do a few classics. Maybe, like, a classic theme once a month?

/just throwing it out there. We could have a toenail theme and I’d be in it. 🙂

Morningbreath
    Participant

This might be totally my issue, but I just haven’t been enthusiastic about quite a few of the themes over the past few months. Is it just me?

Anyway, I was hoping we could do a few classics. Maybe, like, a classic theme once a month?

/just throwing it out there. We could have a toenail theme and I’d be in it. 🙂

I haven’t either, I have only entered one or two contests all summer. I’ve chalked it up to a couple things:

– I like the less restrictive, broader themes. most everything has been very narrow in scope. Its not a complaint, I just prefer wider contests
    -work is very busy and hard right now, so I have not had the time to take the pictures I want to take. I’ve had to cut back on a lot of outside things, like photography and vacations, etc.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, there have been a number of themes that haven’t really been of much interest to me, either. We tend to populate the hopper in rough order of when a theme was suggested/hit critical mass on interest level. For the most part that works, but there are some themes that have immediate interest that then cools off in the time it takes to get it on the schedule. In that regard, we’re kind of victims of our own success in that we have so many awesome theme ideas that it takes months to see them actually on the schedule. We have pushed some themes ahead of the line, but not often.

Maybe we need to revisit how we schedule themes. It’s been done in the rough order of suggestion/critical mass, but we’re open to other options. Once upon a time themes were almost entirely mod chosen, not that general interest wasn’t taken into consideration, just that the process wasn’t as consensus driven as it is now. The current method was an attempt to incorporate more community consensus with mod direction only where needed. We need to repopulate the hopper now, so if you have any ideas on a better way to schedule themes, let us know!

Also, I agree we could use some classic themes in the mix. I’m getting ready to run errands, but I’ll look at our instant classics thread, too, and see what’s in there that we haven’t done in awhile.

staplermofo
    Participant

Me too.
    I have ideas, and intend to participate, but they don’t work out because the ideas I have suck and I’m easily discouraged so I give up then stare at my floor and cry in a manly, age appropriate fashion. Not at all like a little girl. Work is also super busy and they have me doing like 4 other people’s jobs and my personal life is a mess. I’m just having a harder time having fun with it now and I don’t know why. I always end up wanting to smash my camera and shove the glass from the lens in my eyes. It feels like I’m trying to force myself into fun on a technicality.
    I also think, on some basic level, farktography is cursed. We’ve really gotta find a good idol and sacrifice a goat or something. Maybe burn some ramen to the FSM or however you do that crap.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 217 total)
  • The topic ‘The Hopper: Themes to be Scheduled’ is closed to new replies.