The Hopper: Themes to be Scheduled

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Themes The Hopper: Themes to be Scheduled

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    Yugoboy
    Participant

Given that I’ve had to dump at least 2 9 vote themes due to expiration, and it’s looking like another one or 2 will be following, I’m down for it. Just let me know.

orionid
    Participant

Given that I’ve had to dump at least 2 9 vote themes due to expiration, and it’s looking like another one or 2 will be following, I’m down for it. Just let me know.

I know I could go look, but I’m already here. Did you save the downers so they can be reclaimed or are they gone for good?

Yugoboy
    Participant

I don’t know how to delete without permanently deleting.

If they’re stored somewhere after deleting, that’s above my permission level AFAIK.

orionid
    Participant

Nope. I didn’t know if you just moved them somewhere or actually deleted them.

Yugoboy
    Participant

We currently have 2 worthy themes ready to be axed for want of a single vote. They are a few hours older than their due date, but I’m gonna leave ’em until the end of my work day due to it being Thursday with a potential influx of infrequent visitors.

If I still gotta nix ’em, I’m saving the names for later, if we decide to go back to 9.

Yugoboy
    Participant

I left ’em longer than planned and they STILL did not get vote #10

There’s 3 more with 9 votes. We’ll see if any of ’em get the 10th.

Gonna try to save the names of the 9s for future reference.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Deleted with 9 votes in the last couple weeks:

Man v. Nature
    Soundscapes
    Vote-Whoring 2

There’s at least 2 more with 9 that have just been sitting there. I think orionid‘s suggestion needs to be seriously discussed.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Definitely let’s move down to 9 votes since it’s clearly warranted.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I checked with Zeke and we don’t have a backup with those themes in it, unfortunately. Anyone have a rough idea of who proposed them and what the theme descriptions were (other than Vote Whoring, which we can look up)?

Also, should we extend the theme voting time frame?

ennuipoet
    Participant

I am good with 9 when participation is low, which it is right now. If/when things pick up, we go back to 10

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Agreed.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

In fact, we could go back to 8 if need be.

Yugoboy
    Participant

When do we decide a decision is final?

Just want to know for obvious reasons.

FWIW – I hoppered 3 today, but mostly due to raising awareness and giving 2 of them an extra day or 2 to get us to contest day (for higher traffic).

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, I went ahead and scheduled those and a couple others. I’m comfortable with whatever time frame you feel is appropriate given the current traffic/response on the themes board. Obviously we shouldn’t let things linger for 6 or 9 months, but if there are themes that are just a vote away that you feel appropriate bumping them a couple weeks, then I trust your judgment.

orionid
    Participant

Yeah, I went ahead and scheduled those and a couple others. I’m comfortable with whatever time frame you feel is appropriate given the current traffic/response on the themes board. Obviously we shouldn’t let things linger for 6 or 9 months, but if there are themes that are just a vote away that you feel appropriate bumping them a couple weeks, then I trust your judgment.

+1

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 217 total)
  • The topic ‘The Hopper: Themes to be Scheduled’ is closed to new replies.