The Hopper: Themes to be Scheduled

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Themes The Hopper: Themes to be Scheduled

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Schedule is updated. As for what we schedule when, I try to keep it mixed up between specific vs open ended themes as well as mixed up with theme suggesters. And about every 6 weeks or so we have a classic theme in the mix.

Farktographer
    Participant

I like the magic bejeweled glove idea better, so I’m sticking with that in my head.

Barracuda
    Participant

Woot. Thank you for the update. 🙂

ravnostic
    Participant

Freeze Frame: Freeze a moment in time within an image by using high shutter speeds to capture an object or objects in motion. (Barracuda) (11 fast votes, added Feb 8)

You know, this is super-funny. Just sayin’

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I apologize for the delay in updating the schedule…we had to put one of our cats down this weekend, and I’ve been kind of out of sorts. Threw a lot of general archive-friendly stuff into the schedule since our participation has been down. Hopefully that will attract more casual folks. We’ll have some specific stuff in May, but not until then.

Kestrana
    Participant

So sorry to hear that Elsinore. I agree some general archive friendly stuff is good right now. Any word on when voting may be changed?

ravnostic
    Participant

That’s sad news, Elsinore. :o(

Archive friendly is a goodness.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Thanks guys.

No update on the voting issue, though sometimes they announced stuff to everyone before they tell us 😆 I’ve turned in our results, and the PSers had similar results as well so I’m hopeful things will get tweaked to our benefit. Tony is also looking to feature Farktography more in blog posts.

ravnostic
    Participant

Thanks guys.
    Tony is also looking to feature Farktography more in blog posts.

Aroo? Tell me more!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Basically he wants to have a “staff pick” photo from some of the Farktography threads and use it to promote the next theme. Not sure how often it will happen.

Barracuda
    Participant

Good idea on the archive friendly, all the new picks look great to me. I need to get down to White Rock Lake for the water craft theme some time real soon. Been meaning to take a few vacation days as it was.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, poor Kestrana has been waiting a year for her Watercraft theme to be scheduled. Hopefully with the early spring there will be lots of watercraft to photograph!

lokisbong
    Participant

Yeah, poor Kestrana has been waiting a year for her Watercraft theme to be scheduled. Hopefully with the early spring there will be lots of watercraft to photograph!

I know mine will all be archive dives for the watercraft theme. I just don’t think a boat on a trailer in a gas station parking lot will draw to many votes. Luckily I used to live next to a harbor where lots of fishing and crabbing happened. And I took tons of pictures.

orionid
    Participant

Since the hopper is managable again and participation is down a bit, maybe we ought to think about lowering the vote requirement to 9 again. I’m not pulling for any particular pony at the moment, just saying.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Since the hopper is managable again and participation is down a bit, maybe we ought to think about lowering the vote requirement to 9 again. I’m not pulling for any particular pony at the moment, just saying.

I was thinking the same thing, but I do have two ponies in the race, so I wasn’t going to be the first to say it.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 217 total)
  • The topic ‘The Hopper: Themes to be Scheduled’ is closed to new replies.