The Hopper: Themes to be Scheduled

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Themes The Hopper: Themes to be Scheduled

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Wow, might be time again to consider bumping up the vote total requirements…

Yugoboy
    Participant

I dunno… as with the photoshop queue, I’m a big fan of many choices and options.

While i may go through my physical archive for the Film Only week, there’s some hoppered themes I’m going to be skipping. It’s nice ot have something for everybody, and a whole lotta “stuff” cluttering the back of my mind when I’m out shooting.

Hell, when I was in Italy, I must have shot a solid 100 or more pics solely for the purpose of using them in upcoming hoppered contests (Curves among others).

Another option (just to up the complexity factor) would be to open up the order of the “Upcoming Events” to some sort of public input. For that we’d definitely want a lot of options. That’s an idea that’s probably a non-starter, but now it’s out there.

Kestrana
    Participant

I had thought about that Elsinore but there was a big period in there, about 5 weeks where no themes got enough votes to be added to the hopper. Then there was a rash of activity and a bunch got added in the same week. Over time I think the current vote total requirements will even out though it might take a year.

Other ideas/opinions welcome

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ah gotcha.

Kestrana
    Participant

dont know why this was here actually, ballleeeeeted

Kestrana
    Participant

Someone asked me about this on Facebook so I’ll just post it here FYI I am in general abstaining from voting because I’m the themes voting moderator. So don’t think I’m hating all your themes because I may comment and not vote. I’m attempting to provide guidance and editing without exerting undue influence.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Just a thought on Yugoboy‘s Parks theme–even though it had immediate votes, it might be good to hold off on that one until the Spring when there might be more chance for good scenery. Any concerns/objections to that?

olavf
    Participant

None at all. I’ve got plenty of shots I can use, but wouldn’t say no to a chance for more…

Farktographer
    Participant

Oops – might want to fix that, the Parks theme was actually submitted by Yugoboy. Parking lots is me 😉

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Whoops, you’re right–sorry about that. I was thinking about the Parking lots theme when I typed that, because I’m thinking of throwing that into the Hopper next-ish.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Whoops, you’re right–sorry about that. I was thinking about the Parking lots theme when I typed that, because I’m thinking of throwing that into the Hopper next-ish.

Given that I know the shots I want to use for Parking Lots… the sooner the better 😉

orionid
    Participant

I still have yet to find a fat guy chasing a midget through a parking lot. Therefore, I got nuthin.

linguine
    Participant

I still have yet to find a fat guy chasing a midget through a parking lot. Therefore, I got nuthin.

I take it you dont go to walmart often.

Barracuda
    Participant

Sooooo… what’s up next (doc)? I’ve got ideas for a number of the hoppered themes, just want to start brain storming if needed for a theme post AvO II.

Farktographer
    Participant

If you go to page 1, you’ll see all the currently hoppered items – that list is updated frequently. As far as the immediately upcoming themes…I don’t know what system the powers that be have in selecting them, but I think they are shuffled in a giant magic hat and pulled out with a bejeweled glove. No idea what’s coming up ’til it’s listed on the “upcoming events” in the “this week’s contest” thread.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 217 total)
  • The topic ‘The Hopper: Themes to be Scheduled’ is closed to new replies.