01-19-11 – Color Popping Naturally

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-19-11 – Color Popping Naturally

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

I can see them. They’re probably in cache for the time being. If your host comes back before they drop out of cache, you should be fine. And if they disappear, they can be brought back if your host comes back.

justkat
    Participant

If Kestrana gets part of the votes for modeling, I’m due a lot of votes from Olav….

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

U-Man – I saw that a couple of days ago. Pretty interesting if true. There’s some doubt on reddit about its veracity as the guy who claims to have found it is apparently known for self-promotion through viral videos.

rav – I can both see your entries and access the home page of your site, so I think you’re OK.

justkat – I agree! When I first saw olavf‘s entries, I thought what a good sport you must be to have done that. My wife is generally supportive of my photography shenanigans, but I can say with certainty that she’d draw the line at getting covered in white powder. 🙂

ravnostic
    Participant

Okay, back on break–site’s fine, ftp uploading fine, pictures fine. I won’t have to spend an hour on the phone with godaddy, life is good. Thanks for the input guys.

Uranus
    Participant

justkat – I agree! When I first saw olavf‘s entries, I thought what a good sport you must be to have done that. My wife is generally supportive of my photography shenanigans, but I can say with certainty that she’d draw the line at getting covered in white powder. 🙂

at least it wasn’t the white cake makeup wifey painted on my face for me…took ages to get off. On the plus side – she did suggest that she be the model for the Dali-ism shot…

O! the things wives do for their weirdo men…ain’t it great?! 😀 I will stop short of sending a suggestion to olavf about a retake of one of the shots. You may thank me later… 😉

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah kat would be owed a ton of back pay. I’ll just extort orionid in other ways.

ravnostic
    Participant

at least it wasn’t the white cake makeup wifey painted on my face for me…took ages to get off. On the plus side – she did suggest that she be the model for the Dali-ism shot…:

I did miming for a couple years as a kid. Cold cream does wonders for white cake makeup removal, IIRC. Just a thought for future pancaked photographers.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah kat would be owed a ton of back pay. I’ll just extort orionid in other ways.

Upon reading your stories about getting those shots, I figured the least you guys could do would be to find a way to warm each other up good and proper. I suspect you’re both creative enough to find a suitable method.

Morningbreath
    Participant

Ravnostic, thanks for the kind words about the M&M photos. I am sure yours would have been better than mine. I took about 50, but was not really happy with any of them. My black M&M’s kept coming out purple, so I had to ditch them. maybe its time I invested in some lighting.

/Elsinore, I found black and grey M&M’s at an M&M store in Times Square, and bought them just for this contest. I had no idea they existed either.

/Random comment: I figured there would be lots of cardinal pictures, but went with one anyway. Sure enough there were. Cardinal photos seem to always do well. I will have to remember that.

Uranus
    Participant

Upon reading your stories about getting those shots, I figured the least you guys could do would be to find a way to warm each other up good and proper. I suspect you’re both creative enough to find a suitable method.

I recommend chilies….

ravnostic
    Participant

Ravnostic, thanks for the kind words about the M&M photos. I am sure yours would have been better than mine. I took about 50, but was not really happy with any of them. My black M&M’s kept coming out purple, so I had to ditch them. maybe its time I invested in some lighting.

/Elsinore, I found black and grey M&M’s at an M&M store in Times Square, and bought them just for this contest. I had no idea they existed either..

Not only do they exist, they exist in about 40 different colors–from white to black and about 4 different shades of gray. AND you can now go online, submit a picture, and have M&M’s made with your picture imprinted upon them.

http://www.mymms.com/

//edit–I should add most malls that have a candy shop will have one of the dispensers with the many colors. I’m a fan of teal. Cost a fortune, but it’s cool to have several shades of any color available, and you pick what you want, and how much.

justkat
    Participant

Since I only needed to wear the white make-up for the duration of a photo-shoot — which took place in a freezing garage, so no worries about sweat lol — I was able to use water-based paint, which came off pretty easily. The dude at the costume shop was VERY helpful. I think overall, the paint was easier than the flour. 😉

CauseISaidSo
    – this week was nuthin’ take a look at Olav’s profile to get a full picture of what I do for love. 😉

orionid
    Participant

Soup was involved.

ravnostic
    Participant

Soup was involved.

**throws up a little**

//Orionid, that was just bile.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Soup was involved.

A testament to your innovation.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 223 total)
  • The topic ‘01-19-11 – Color Popping Naturally’ is closed to new replies.