01-19-11 – Color Popping Naturally

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-19-11 – Color Popping Naturally

Viewing 13 posts - 211 through 223 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    ennuipoet
    Participant

Upon reading your stories about getting those shots, I figured the least you guys could do would be to find a way to warm each other up good and proper. I suspect you’re both creative enough to find a suitable method.

You mean like those little pocket hand warmers? Those are awesome!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

i no, rite??

Kestrana
    Participant

The funny thing about it was the only part of me that actually got uncomfortably cold was my face. The worst part was walking from where we parked to the row of trees through unbroken snow. My legs and hips were killing me from high-stepping through drifts and tripping over buried things we couldn’t see under the snow.

olavf
    Participant

olavf = red lips on white face

Thanks. I’m glad someone liked it.

I originally went for eyes open, and I like that version better, but couldn’t post it in good faith. Too much color in the eyes vs. the lips.

Oh well.

ravnostic
    Participant

Congrat’s Orionid–I showed your picture to a few people at work, and everyone loved it.

//no one joined fark to vote. 🙁

This was my worst week in the last 1/2 year, but it was bound to happen eventually. I’d hope for bettar next week, but someone among us will have tornados, and that tsunami in Phukit, and then there’s Caradoc and his lightning…

I feel like Kestrana looked in the winning image, walking in the cold’en snow, toward a goal I’ll probably freeze to death before seeing, for the trees within the forest go on, and on, and on… 🙄

kashari
    Participant

olavf = red lips on white face

Thanks. I’m glad someone liked it.

I originally went for eyes open, and I like that version better, but couldn’t post it in good faith. Too much color in the eyes vs. the lips.

Oh well.

I chuckled and voted, I liked it! 🙂

olavf
    Participant

I chuckled and voted, I liked it! 🙂

This: http://www.follandfamily.com/TF/mypics/white_face-7368_sm_web.JPG
    is the one I like. I think I’m going to get a print to see how it works in person. I suspect it’ll play better.

And congrats to orionid on the epic win this week!

lokisbong
    Participant

Definitely congrats to Orionid this week. I feel like I got stomped extra hard this week but not completely killed. Not my worst week by far but really low on the scoreboard. I will keep trying to get back to the top ten again. How does that little saying go try hard . fail. try harder fail better?

Uranus
    Participant

Congrats, orionid. I think I can safely say that yours is the shot we all wish we had taken.

orionid
    Participant

Thanks all!

As far as the coming weeks, I’m still juggling a couple ideas, but nothing is jumping off the page.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Finally a week where I could be confident that the thread congrats I posted was going to remain the actual outcome 😆 Congrats orionid!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Indeed, congrats orionid on a truly spectacular win.

And congrats, Kestrana on your wonderful second. 58 votes is usually an easy first place, but if ya gotta come in second, I guess it might as well be to hubby, eh?

Kestrana
    Participant

Thanks Cause. We try to be each other’s biggest cheerleaders rather than being competitive so I’m very happy his idea did so well. And hey, I got to be in the picture so that’s cool. But I did find it funny that the barn was my highest vote-getting picture of all time and it didn’t win 😛

Viewing 13 posts - 211 through 223 (of 223 total)
  • The topic ‘01-19-11 – Color Popping Naturally’ is closed to new replies.