01-26-11 – Weather

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-26-11 – Weather

Viewing 2 posts - 151 through 152 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I didn’t want to start a thread just for this and this seems like a really appropriate place for it anyway, so…

olavf, you and kat were “complaining” about having nothing but nice weather, and Kestrana, you mentioned that you were pretty much done with snow, so I assume y’all are looking for a little variety in your seasons. Well, how’s this for variety: Last Friday the high here was 70, Saturday it was 72. I put about 300 miles on my bike those days, wearing just a light jacket. It was truly beautiful.

Today, just 3 short days from Saturday, the high was in the low teens and we just set some kind of record for snowfall. Overnight, we got about 3″ of sleet followed by 12+” of snow and of course the city is shut down.

We may not have a lot else going for us here, but as Will Rogers said, “If you don’t like the weather in Oklahoma, just wait a minute and it’ll change.”

Kestrana
    Participant

Well I like snow but this is a record breaking snowfall year for Connecticut. They handle it pretty well, plow/salt wise. There’s just always stupid idiots out who need to stay home and whimper instead of driving 20 mph in the left lane on I-95 >:-(

Viewing 2 posts - 151 through 152 (of 152 total)
  • The topic ‘01-26-11 – Weather’ is closed to new replies.