01-26-11 – Weather

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-26-11 – Weather

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

The html code for images doesn’t work on this blackboard but you can use the tags [img ]and [/ img] to enclose the link to the picture and it should display. (Remove the spaces there)

EdenLiesObscured
    Participant

thanks. i finally figured it out.

off to bang my head on the wall, knock some sense into me.

ravnostic
    Participant

hey, olavf: i saw your photo of the red clouds and said, “well howdy-doo, i have one quite similar.”

I do too, it is (was) my 3rd highest ranked picture–until this contest (if my ranks hold out.)

//I thought Arizona had that market cornered–guess not so much. 😉

olavf
    Participant

hey, olavf: i saw your photo of the red clouds and said, “well howdy-doo, i have one quite similar.”

I do too, it is (was) my 3rd highest ranked picture–until this contest (if my ranks hold out.)

//I thought Arizona had that market cornered–guess not so much. 😉

Nice eden!

We only get sunsets like that under certain conditions in late summer/early fall when the dust levels are high (I assume). We can get some nice sunsets, but you generally have to go a ways from the house to get anything decent. Yay suburbia.

And, lol. We actually got some weather tonight. Fog. Took this one about an hour ago.

justkat
    Participant

Yeah, fog was late. I wanted to shoot THIS picture — and if it turned out how I wanted (sadly it didn’t quite, but I still like it) — I’d submit it. *facepalm*

LeicaLens
    Participant

Thanks to LeicaLens for the kind words as well! I was guessing a parachute for your wind b-side, but an awning makes a lot more sense. Let me turn the tables and say that your glider on a mountain shot should be getting way more votes IMO. Love it.

Thanks! Wish there were more voters like you 🙁

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to ravnostic this week!

ravnostic
    Participant

😀

I’m absolutely thrilled and somewhat shocked–there were some really outstanding shots this week that I thought would overtake me. I know other’s have had a 1st/2nd combo–how common is that? Anyone gotten 1-2-3 before (U-Man, I’d bet)? One must have something to which to aspire. 😉

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I’ve already bested a few of my personal stats–why be greedy?

“… So I’ll just take 1st and 2nd and y’all can fight over the rest.” 😆

Congrats, rav. Awesome.

And here’s the final word on this one – 3141 total votes, putting it at the #8 spot for most votes cast:

justkat
    Participant

Congrats Rav! And thanks for the info CauseISaidSo. I knew I wasn’t imagining that this one and Five is Right Out were high voting contests….

justkat
    Participant

Yeah, fog was late. I wanted to shoot THIS picture — and if it turned out how I wanted (sadly it didn’t quite, but I still like it) — I’d submit it. *facepalm*

Makes me want to put Day Late and a Dollar Short on the list of re-dos. Same difficulty as before: Pix must be taken AFTER the contest they would have been perfect for. 😉

Uranus
    Participant

Makes me want to put Day Late and a Dollar Short on the list of re-dos. Same difficulty as before: Pix must be taken AFTER the contest they would have been perfect for. 😉

ha! I used a b-side from CPN this week….too late.
    *regret*

ennuipoet
    Participant

😀

I’m absolutely thrilled and somewhat shocked–there were some really outstanding shots this week that I thought would overtake me. I know other’s have had a 1st/2nd combo–how common is that? Anyone gotten 1-2-3 before (U-Man, I’d bet)? One must have something to which to aspire. 😉

I landed a 1st/3rd in Reflections Two: Electric Boogaloo. It made me feel FUNNKKKAAAYYY

LeicaLens
    Participant

Congratulations ravnostic.
    Not only the top two, but the top two in a very competitive theme!

ravnostic
    Participant

Congratulations ravnostic.
    Not only the top two, but the top two in a very competitive theme!

A year ago, a month ago, a week ago, I’d never saw it coming. Thanks everyone for your votes and your congrats!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 152 total)
  • The topic ‘01-26-11 – Weather’ is closed to new replies.