02-08-12 – Apples vs. Oranges 2: The Rematch

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-08-12 – Apples vs. Oranges 2: The Rematch

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

A new generation of apples and oranges are resurrecting ancient grudges. Show us the battles.

On a website where battle lines are drawn, orionid brings us this decisive theme.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Here’s a link to the last one on bibliostats for anyone needing inspiration.

lokisbong
    Participant

Holy hells that was a crappy camera I was using back then. lol That was one of those $50 wallmart point and hope you got something P.O.S. camera. lol

Barracuda
    Participant

Thanks for the link to the previous battle. Probably skipping Strange so going to start work on AvO this week.

edit: are we going for specifically “battles” or, creative apple & orange content in general. Based on the original seems some of each was submitted.

U-Man
    Participant

I would vote for a looser definition than just battles.

/ and I fully admit a personal bias because I just took a photo yesterday for this theme that, while it alludes to conflict, does not actually portray conflict. And it is one of the best shots I’ve taken in a while. 🙂 Cool concept, good execution.

Farktographer
    Participant

Oh, I previously interpreted this theme as photos of apples, or oranges, or battles if we wanted. Didn’t know battles was more of a suggestion than the others.

linguine
    Participant

Last time the battle part was pretty loose, if its something that involved apples and/or oranges I’d say allow it.

Kestrana
    Participant

Well the theme was really open last time I think. Just show us pictures of apples and oranges interacting. “Battles” could be uh…well now I don’t want to give my customary list of suggestions because I wanna use them… let’s just say battles can be interpreted loosely.

U-Man
    Participant

I like “apples and oranges interacting”.

1. – I can use my photo.
    2. – It at least pushes us to do something more creative than snapping a pic of an orchard.

This theme isn’t an archive dive (for sane people).

Barracuda
    Participant

Awesomeness. And yes, no archive diving this time around. Reminds me though, I need to stop at the hardware store on the way home tomorrow.

Farktographer
    Participant

1. – I can use my photo.
    2. – It at least pushes us to do something more creative than snapping a pic of an orchard.

I was planning on doing a few different planned shots for this – a battle is definitely one of them, just wanted to make sure my other ideas would fall into the kosher category.

U-Man
    Participant

1. – I can use my photo.

I was planning on doing a few different planned shots for this – a battle is definitely one of them, just wanted to make sure my other ideas would fall into the kosher category.

We haven’t received a final word from orionid so shoot the battle first.

orionid
    Participant

1. – I can use my photo.

We haven’t received a final word from orionid so shoot the battle first.

Word.

/Interactions is cool. Show us their interactions.

U-Man
    Participant

Schweet.

bird bird bird’s the word b-b-b-bird bird bird bird’s the word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edYQiZxyw0I

I have NO idea why my brain went there.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Schweet.

bird bird bird’s the word b-b-b-bird bird bird bird’s the word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edYQiZxyw0I

I have NO idea why my brain went there.

I so thought you were going here:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 141 total)
  • The topic ‘02-08-12 – Apples vs. Oranges 2: The Rematch’ is closed to new replies.