02-08-12 – Apples vs. Oranges 2: The Rematch

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-08-12 – Apples vs. Oranges 2: The Rematch

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    Farktographer
    Participant

People have posted extra photos in the past without allowing voting and it hasn’t been an issue, so I don’t think it’d be a big problem here.

ravnostic
    Participant

I’m tending toward another approach, farktographer, now; I figured out a legitimate way to get an apple into one shot, and I’ll just link to it (germane-ly) in my posts, as a keepsake. ;o)

Barracuda
    Participant

Shot my Apples v Oranges last night, first time shooting in RAW for the specific purpose of fine tuning the photos in Lightroom. Of the 55 or so photos taken, already whittled the candidates down to a half dozen or so.

Farktographer
    Participant

Good job, ‘cuda. I’ve had my fruit sitting waiting for me since Saturday, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet…

Kestrana
    Participant

Bought my fruit and assembled other supplies today.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I actually have an idea, and a general shooting plan, now I need to find time to do it. Also, does anyone have any idea how to go about affixing a round piece of fruit to a cross?

/yes, I am actually serious.

Yugoboy
    Participant

I actually have an idea, and a general shooting plan, now I need to find time to do it. Also, does anyone have any idea how to go about affixing a round piece of fruit to a cross?

Drill a LOOOOONG screw through the back of the cross and screw the fruit onto the pointy end

linguine
    Participant

Or drill a hole through the fruit to tie it to the cross if its a cross you would get in trouble for destroying.

Farktographer
    Participant

Drill a LOOOOONG screw through the back of the cross and screw the fruit onto the pointy end

Or super glue and a few hours?

lokisbong
    Participant

Or super glue and a few hours?

Heh. I was gonna suggest some coat hanger s-hook type thing. bend hanger into a two ended hook and hook one end over the cross and stick the fruit on the other hook. then you have not ruined the cross if it’s a nice looking thing.

Yoyo
    Participant

Crescent shaped upholstery needle and thick thread or thin string.

When I was thinking up ideas for this these, my mind went to “Mexican sports” sort of contests. I’m pretty sure I know which side is going to lose. The resulting carnage will make Juarez look like some mid-continental Canadian border town in terms of safety. It’s not good to be a loser, but they can be very tasty!

I just bought props for this tonight. The checker at the grocery store thought I had some good ideas when I told her why I was buying one each of half of all the kinds of fruit in the store. Gotta have some spectators in the stands, linesmen, referee, a pear with a mouth (it is Fark after all),…

ravnostic
    Participant

The apples lose. That’s all there is to it.

cameraflage
    Participant

Apples? Check.
    Oranges? Check.
    King Tiger tank model? Check.
    I’ll be in the secret underground weapons research and development facility, if anybody needs me.

orionid
    Participant

I’ll be in the secret underground weapons research and development facility, if anybody needs me.

That sounds like nerd speak for “mom’s basement.”

/Don’t ask me how I know.

Yoyo
    Participant

Well, this morning I set up and shot 3 scenes. It didn’t go well for the apples. And the resulting pie was not my finest work either. I blame the oranges for that. We did however discover that apples and oranges blend well together when making a smoothie. Maybe this week I’ll actually learn how to use the Canon DPP software. Can anyone recommend a tutorial that isn’t video? My bandwidth is rather limited currently.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 141 total)
  • The topic ‘02-08-12 – Apples vs. Oranges 2: The Rematch’ is closed to new replies.