02-08-12 – Apples vs. Oranges 2: The Rematch

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-08-12 – Apples vs. Oranges 2: The Rematch

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

finally I have struck on an idea.

//probably done before. :o( off to look…

nope! Yay! 🙂

When it comes down to it, it’s hard to get creative with apples and oranges!

U-Man
    Participant

ba ba ba oo mow mow oo mow mow.

I have two done that I’m pretty excited about. Pondering #3…

ennuipoet
    Participant

nope! Yay! 🙂

I hope no one takes this the wrong way: I HATE these themes. I have ideas, but I will be damned if I have the resources to take my ideas from conception to realization.

Were I in a studio with a creative staff, some carpenters, model makers, access to a prop department and a dozen or so capable craftspersons…I would have many great ideas.

I have none of those things, no real ability to improvise them, so…I’ve got nothing. I seriously think this will be the first theme in a long time I am sitting out.

(orionid should not draw nor infer any dislike, disdain, derision, condescension or disgruntlement, just a slightly tipsy rant)

orionid
    Participant

nope! Yay! 🙂

I hope no one takes this the wrong way: I HATE these themes. I have ideas, but I will be damned if I have the resources to take my ideas from conception to realization.

Were I in a studio with a creative staff, some carpenters, model makers, access to a prop department and a dozen or so capable craftspersons…I would have many great ideas.

I have none of those things, no real ability to improvise them, so…I’ve got nothing. I seriously think this will be the first theme in a long time I am sitting out.

(orionid should not draw nor infer any dislike, disdain, derision, condescension or disgruntlement, just a slightly tipsy rant)

bag of mixed fruit: $1.97
    Bag of googly eyes: $1.99
    Cardboard: free from dumpster

Recreation of your favorite movie scene / fark meme using fruits and a badly drawn set with perfect lighting: priceless.

Look at the bright side, though. I have ideas but haven’t carried them out yet. I need to figure out witch box my trigger and strobe are in, then buy some ammo. Probably won’t happen, so I’ll be doing googly eyes and movie scene, too.

U-Man
    Participant

I hope no one takes this the wrong way: I HATE these themes.

And I love them. Not only do I get to be creative and make stuff, there are also unforeseen problems in getting the right shot to work through.

I can understand your point of view though.

Farktographer
    Participant

bag of mixed fruit: $1.97
    Bag of googly eyes: $1.99
    Cardboard: free from dumpster

Recreation of your favorite movie scene / fark meme using fruits and a badly drawn set with perfect lighting: priceless.

Look at the bright side, though. I have ideas but haven’t carried them out yet. I need to figure out witch box my trigger and strobe are in, then buy some ammo. Probably won’t happen, so I’ll be doing googly eyes and movie scene, too.

Pretty much this. I have 4 ideas, and two of them include some crude drawing with permanent marker. I guarantee they aren’t going to turn out professional, but meh, it’ll be fun throwing them together and seeing what I get. I like the themes that make me do something different 😛

staplermofo
    Participant

I was going to try to recreate the Boxer Rebellion as a 3-panel comic with my three entries, but that was over-ambitious. I tried the Herero genocide, still too ambitious. Then I was going to try to have apples perform a blood eagle on an orange with the sections being the lungs, still too ambitious. So far I’ve woken up. It’s a pretty good start.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Allow me to amend my previous rant, now that I am completely sober. I should have written I hate these themes because I suck at them. What I want to do and what I end up with are always miles apart, I can do the lighting, the composition, it’s the actual crafting that kills me. My concepts are great, my product looks like an art project from six year old.

Kestrana
    Participant

This reminds me I need to go buy fruit and start working on my set design.

Farktographer
    Participant

This reminds me I need to go buy fruit and start working on my set design.

My set design is a cutting board and some flashes 😳

Yugoboy
    Participant

I feel like ennuipoet on this one. Unless I can come up with some brilliant ideas (or even mediocre ones) that I can execute, I’m out.

This contest does not play to my strengths (even less that “Strange”).

kashari
    Participant

I feel like ennuipoet on this one. Unless I can come up with some brilliant ideas (or even mediocre ones) that I can execute, I’m out.

This contest does not play to my strengths (even less that “Strange”).

Yeah, me too. I’d be mortified to learn that someone took my picture and put it online in a contest (I also hate when family posts one on Facebook too…), so I can’t do that to others. The few times I have taken pictures of strangers, it’s been from afar and I still felt anxious about it.

I don’t have the creative gene for setting up cool/funny sets either, but will certainly enjoy seeing what others come up with.

schuylkills_ghost
    Participant

I actually have plenty of ideas for this. Problem is too many and finding time to set up some of them.

lokisbong
    Participant

I have nothing yet for this. not even any fruit. Doh. on the “Strange” thing I just asked If I could take their pics and told them they might get used in a no prizes photo contest. It felt weird the first time or two but it is getting less weird feeling.

ravnostic
    Participant

Edit: One question. Is it permissible to post a ‘b-side’, in addition to my entries, if it’s not en-votenated–for the purpose of introducing my entries?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 141 total)
  • The topic ‘02-08-12 – Apples vs. Oranges 2: The Rematch’ is closed to new replies.