02-08-12 – Apples vs. Oranges 2: The Rematch

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-08-12 – Apples vs. Oranges 2: The Rematch

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

Yoyo DPP is pretty easy and intuitive; if you don’t want to mess with curves the ‘hard’ way, the first tab with highlights, contrast, and shadows will do a pretty fine job of tuning (and from there you can also adjust for temperature and sharpness. If you have Canon lenses, check the third tab for ‘fine tuning’ issues like lens distortion and such.

lokisbong
    Participant

I have nothing for this theme at all. being broke makes it hard to get the props needed and I don’t want to borrow money just to enter a contest so I think I am gonna sit this one out. I cannot even find the b-sides from the first time around so no archive diving either. Oh well.

Kestrana
    Participant

lokisbong I suggest finding an orange crayon, a red crayon, and some paper.

lokisbong
    Participant

Nah I will just sit this one out. My drawing skills leave a lot to be desired. I would get even less votes than a normal bad week. lol Unless I could go all the way to so bad it’s funny but I doubt it. That and I don’t know any little kids in this area so even crayons are out of my budget. I will survive missing a week I am pretty sure.

Barracuda
    Participant

My three entries are locked and loaded, ready for Wed night. In the end, going with three from my main series of photos, but wanted to share one of my early snaps that I liked as a little last minute inspiration, while not giving away my battle scene.

Lots of potential captions for this too, but haven’t came up with just the right one, so for now I call it “Apples wearing orange leaves”

staplermofo
    Participant

scalps?

Barracuda
    Participant

scalps?

Something like that. So it appears, apples aren’t always on the losing end. I really like the shot, but didn’t seem to express the theme well enough.

ravnostic
    Participant

I saw this on Google +. I’m posting it so as to prevent me from blatantly copying it and feeling badly when it won over actual original ideas. It was for a contest entry called ‘Orange’, and it’s by Nick Gatens. And it’s most excellent.

https://plus.google.com/113977984500465768287/posts/MXyjfhnS6p8?hl=en

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

I have two entries for this and they are way outside my regular range of photos. They are most likely going to tank, but I had fun doing it.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I have two entries for this and they are way outside my regular range of photos. They are most likely going to tank, but I had fun doing it.

I completely expect mine to tank, indeed I may not even vote for myself! I did try to make some really cute Apple and Orange things, but they looked SO BAD that I tossed my whole idea and came up with a new one before I made on exposure. (Ask Kestrana, she saw them, she was nice enough not to point and laugh, at least while I was around)

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I didn’t have time, again, to participate in a fun & creative contest like this one (got another delivery due by EOD tomorrow), but that didn’t stop me from thinking about what I’d like to have tried if I had time. So, picture this: A green apple with googly eyes & streaks of black face paint floating half-submerged in a tub of ink-blank water with steam rising off it, starkly lit, captioned with “The horror… The horror…” (this scene from Apocalypse Now).

fluffybunny
    Participant

CISS, I like your thinking (one of the greatest war movies of all time).

Got three in the can as of today.
    There was a lot of carnage (herbage?) but in the end they are all in a better place,… MAH BELLY.

/moar greatest war movies, Private Ryan, Full Metal Jacket, and so on.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Thanks, fluffy. That’s my favorite movie. Well, that or Casablanca, depending on what mood I’m in when asked. 😉

clouddancer
    Participant

There was a fruit massacre at my house today. Mostly the oranges were getting skewered because I had more of them and my husband doesn’t take those to work (he takes the apples). The oranges, however, did go all cannibal-like on some of the apples. And I then made an apple type chicken for dinner (made a sauce type thing out of brown sugar, cinnamon, and applesauce and put it over the chicken halfway through, and while it was in the oven the dish had aluminum foil over it).

My entries (thus far) aren’t that great, but I did the ideas I had. Perhaps if I come up with something tomorrow I might take a few more shots, but for now, they should work. The battle was supposed to take place tomorrow, but an argument heated things up tonight and it started early.

orionid
    Participant

The battle, and ensuing educational compromises therefrom, will take place when I get home in the morning.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 141 total)
  • The topic ‘02-08-12 – Apples vs. Oranges 2: The Rematch’ is closed to new replies.