02-08-12 – Apples vs. Oranges 2: The Rematch

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-08-12 – Apples vs. Oranges 2: The Rematch

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

I think I’m petered out on this one. I have some good shots, just not a sound all-encompasing theme. But I’m wiped. I don’t think I could click the shutter even one more time. As it is I’m typing with just 9 fingers…we’ll see how it goes…

orionid
    Participant

I think I’m petered out on this one. I have some good shots, just not a sound all-encompasing theme. But I’m wiped. I don’t think I could click the shutter even one more time. As it is I’m typing with just 9 fingers…we’ll see how it goes…

I have to ask.

You seem to be suggesting that your shutterfinger is worn out, but yet you’re still typing with nine fingers. Assuming the spacebar is always operated with the dominant thumb, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITH THE OTHER THUMB?

Kestrana
    Participant

I see they’re keeping you busy at work tonight honey.

orionid
    Participant

I see they’re keeping you busy at work tonight honey.

They were. And I got my list of things to do done before 10. And the Guy I’m working with isn’t qualified to conduct training, so I can’t work on quals…..

Yoyo
    Participant

Oh mercy me. I thought this theme was one of the easier ones. Or is everyone playing dumb this week, only to school me again? After showing my collection of shots to some friends that were visiting to watch the Super Bowl, they all though I had some pretty good ideas and pics. Here’s a hint: lucha libre.

Unfortunately, I fear that my current internet will die tomorrow (payment is due, and I’m going to tell them where to stick their plan), and my new service isn’t scheduled to be installed until Friday. I may have to steal wi-fi from the university to upload tomorrow. Cricket just had to go. I ran a speed test this evening and the result was 52kb download and 160kb upload. Argh! A 56k modem would do better. So far, I’m not very happy with Century Link either. The sales rep said that 3 days was the fastest installation appointment he had seen in a while. And what’s up with a credit check for internet service?

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

And what’s up with a credit check for internet service?

Would you sell crack to someone you knew couldn’t pay for their habit? 😉

If you find you need an OBO tomorrow, just PM me the details and I’ll get ’em posted for you.

ravnostic
    Participant

I have to ask.

You seem to be suggesting that your shutterfinger is worn out, but yet you’re still typing with nine fingers. Assuming the spacebar is always operated with the dominant thumb, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITH THE OTHER THUMB?

I don’t really have to answer this, do I? Embarrassment (not my own, but Orionids…) may ensue…for I personally have no shame….

Barracuda
    Participant

I for one look forward to the unveiling of the apples and oranges this evening. And look at it this way, we can’t all tank, so someone’s photos have got to do well… right? 😆

— still considering throwing in my apples wearing orange scalps into the mix as a dark horse entry just to see how it fares against my other two. We shall see.

Kestrana
    Participant

I’m not planning on tanking. I’m happy with my ideas.

which now means they will tank

U-Man
    Participant

Me either and me too. 🙂

One came together just like I wanted. Execution on #2 was a bit off. End result of last night’s pic isn’t what I had hoped for, but it’s OK.

Rav – I saw that orange paint apple on G+ and had the same “Ooooooo, I could….naaaa” reaction that you had. 🙂

ravnostic
    Participant

Wasn’t it awesome, though, U=man? Nick is quickly becoming popular for his work over there.

I wound up breaking down this afternoon and shooting the third shot. Which means my spermies image doesn’t have a place. Can I doppelganger me so I can us it, too?

orionid
    Participant

I only ended up with two. The clock and heavy eyelids conspired against me. Neither one is exactly what I pictured, so we’ll see.

Farktographer
    Participant

I had four ideas planned on the drawing board (no, seriously, I actually drew this out this time – my first time ever doing that for a photograph), but only 2 of them got rolling…so 2 of the 3 shots are going to be from the same session :-/ Still excited for this theme, though.

mopsy
    Participant

I’ve seen U-Man’s. He’s having entirely too much fun with this. All I can say about mine is that there are apples and oranges in the photos. Good luck everyone! 😀

ennuipoet
    Participant

Anyone want to start a pool on how many comments correcting my Google Translate Latin show up in the thread?

/What have Apples given us really, aside from juice, cider, pies, sauce…
    //SHCISMATICUS!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 141 total)
  • The topic ‘02-08-12 – Apples vs. Oranges 2: The Rematch’ is closed to new replies.