02-08-12 – Apples vs. Oranges 2: The Rematch

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-08-12 – Apples vs. Oranges 2: The Rematch

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    fluffybunny
    Participant

I was really fortunate to get my Dollar store’s last 3 inch AR-15.

/Not a sentence I could have ever predicted writing.

How did you do the streams of juice coming out of the ventilated orange? That really blew me away (pun intended).

Tiny tubing and a syringe full of Sunny Delight.

cameraflage
    Participant

It’s 2 in the morning and I’m sitting here giggling like a window licker on the short bus. This is the most awesome contest ever.

Fluffybunny…genius.

Ravnostic…bravo. The lighting on the first one was great.

Elsinore…you owe me a new monitor. Money shot? Seriously?

ravnostic
    Participant

Thank you Ranger/Cameraflage. I spent a lot of time studying that poster and trying to get the lighting ‘just so’.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol as I posted on FB, I’m not right in the head…but you all knew that already 😉

Farktographer
    Participant

😆 Farktographer, what does it say about us that we both had the torture-prisoner-of-war idea? I blame TV. Or maybe it was those three tours in Da Nang (and all the chemicals ingested along the way) 😯 ]

Oh, it was Da Nang for you? I just sort of imagined what would happen if all us Nikonians could round up the Canonites. A day dream, you might call it 😈

fluffybunny
    Participant

Thanks Cameraflage.

Rav, one of the best SciFi movies of all time and you did it a great homage.

ravnostic
    Participant

Looks like the kudos go both ways, fluffybunny–is that not Pinhead in yours?

fluffybunny
    Participant

Yes, Pinhead and some unfortunate victim.

mopsy
    Participant

Fluffbunny, thanks for sharing how you made the gun hole fountain. This morning I made Mr. Mopsy bring his morning coffee to the computer while we looked at everyone of the photos. Being an engineer, he was interested in the workings of your orange. He also made the comment that I was part of a really strange group. But we all know that already!!! 😉

fluffybunny
    Participant

Fluffbunny, thanks for sharing how you made the gun hole fountain. This morning I made Mr. Mopsy bring his morning coffee to the computer while we looked at everyone of the photos. Being an engineer, he was interested in the workings of your orange. He also made the comment that I was part of a really strange group. But we all know that already!!! 😉

Most welcome, pretty low tech really. That’s where I tend to gravitate any more if I can. Keeps it simple.

He’s just now finding out you run with a strange crowd? We’re those people you never want your real friends to meet.

Barracuda
    Participant

U-Man, thought you’d like to know that my non-sports-loving wife instantly picked up on the Ali posed Apple and Orange. Well done sir, well done.

mopsy
    Participant

He’s just now finding out you run with a strange crowd? We’re those people you never want your real friends to meet.[/quote]

LOL

U-Man
    Participant

U-Man, thought you’d like to know that my non-sports-loving wife instantly picked up on the Ali posed Apple and Orange. Well done sir, well done.

Thanks! That really means a lot. I wasn’t sure if *ahem* normal people would get it.

Mopsy and Fluffybunny, the bleeding (juicing?) orange is one of my favs too. Really, really clever AND well executed.

orionid
    Participant

Thanks! That really means a lot. I wasn’t sure if *ahem* normal people would get it.

Mopsy and Fluffybunny, the bleeding (juicing?) orange is one of my favs too. Really, really clever AND well executed.

Agreed. I couldn’t see that one last night since images from photobucket are blocked at work.

U-Man and Fluffybunny, I’ve been waiting for a good time to use a real-thread example in my farkback about the voting things. Would either of you mind if I used your performances this week as an example where the voting result could be considerably different with only one vote button?

U-Man
    Participant

Agreed. I couldn’t see that one last night since images from photobucket are blocked at work.

U-Man and Fluffybunny, I’ve been waiting for a good time to use a real-thread example in my farkback about the voting things. Would either of you mind if I used your performances this week as an example where the voting result could be considerably different with only one vote button?

NOT AT ALL! I assume you mean that fluffy’s lead in the “Funny” category would make things much closer, if not place his photo first,. In a theme like this, funny should weigh a lot more than it does. If anything, the ‘Funny’ button likely steals “real” votes from a pic like Fluffy’s. It probably affected the Bacon theme too. Go get ’em.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 141 total)
  • The topic ‘02-08-12 – Apples vs. Oranges 2: The Rematch’ is closed to new replies.