02-10-10 – Let There Be Light

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-10-10 – Let There Be Light

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

As long as it’s a light (e.g. it’s throwing photons around) and as long as it’s included in the picture and not merely off-camera or reflected, then it’s fair game.

lokisbong
    Participant

As long as it’s a light (e.g. it’s throwing photons around) and as long as it’s included in the picture and not merely off-camera or reflected, then it’s fair game.

Excellent use of words. I figured lasers were fine.
    I wonder how many black lights we will see?

orionid
    Participant

Probably at least one. Maybe. Most of my blacklight reactive stuff is in VA.

swampa
    Participant

Would a black lights count in this contest? I ask as you can’t really see the light source with black lights, only the reflection.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

You can see some of the light from it. it’s just very dim. But it would have to be in the picture, not just the glowing things.

clouddancer
    Participant

I just want to clarify something (I think I know the answer but I’m double checking). Is it okay if the entire light isn’t in the picture? When we were at my parents for Thanksgiving, I thought it was cool how their chandelier type thing made a pattern on the ceiling so I took some shots that had part of, all of, or none of the lamp in the picture. Is it okay if part of the lamp is in it, but not the whole thing? None of them are particularly fantastic, but I liked the way the light danced on the ceiling and the neat pattern it made, so I’m looking forward to include one.

While I’m on here, not being picky, if you can see that the lamp is on, but a lamp shade covers the bulb, but light is emanating from there, is that okay, or does the bulb itself actually have to be in the picture?

Thanks!

sleeping
    Participant

Parts should be fine, and shades that are part of a light should be ok as long as they’re reasonably translucent – something like this where there’s no light coming towards the camera would be over the line:

Elsinore
    Keymaster

That brings up another hair to split. On things like lasers, do you have to have the end of the laser pointer in the shot or is it enough for the laser beam to be in the photo? Cause if the beam itself is enough, then that’s kind of like the light itself and not the source. But I can see people doing laser beam type shots and calling it good.

olavf
    Participant

I’d say the pointer is the source of the light, so at least part of it should be in the picture.

sleeping
    Participant

I’m not getting out of bed to find a laser or a real camera, but this is what I’m thinking:

No:

Yes:

olavf
    Participant

sleeping why do you have a mini-flashlight and any kind of camera in bed at all?
    😉

sleeping
    Participant

The flashlight has been within reach since we had a 3 day power outage last winter. The camera is permanently attached to my netbook…

olavf
    Participant

lol. I kinda got the flashlight, but the camera struck me as funny. 😀

/like, I know one should have their camera with them at all times, just in case, but…

ennuipoet
    Participant

sleeping why do you have a mini-flashlight and any kind of camera in bed at all?
    😉

Well, wouldn’t that depend on the KIND of photos your taking?

Wink wink, nudge, nudge, say no more

You know, “holiday snaps”

olavf
    Participant

saaay no more!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 116 total)
  • The topic ‘02-10-10 – Let There Be Light’ is closed to new replies.