02-10-10 – Let There Be Light

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-10-10 – Let There Be Light

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    jpatten
    Participant

I would say yes as long as the laser emitter is visible in the picture.

soosh
    Participant

I’ve got some long exposure LED lights in the dark with the dog and dog toy. Is long exposure stuff where you don’t see the actual device clearly, but where it is in the photo and is the source of the light (as LEDs don’t throw much of a beam) going to be OK?

lokisbong
    Participant

I hope so soosh because at least one of my ideas is sorta along these lines.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I would say so. I also have a long exposure where the device isn’t clearly seen since it’s motion blurred. Not sure yet if I’ll use it, though.

soosh
    Participant

well it does say the device must be lighting the picture and be included in the image, both of which are true.

didn’t see your post, elsinore. so these would be ok?

U-Man
    Participant

I know we all like to get picky, but I’d like to throw a mild chill-out people into the mix. Take a picture of a light source “throwing photons around”.

In my opinion, as long as the source is there and the light is there – things are just fine. I like the pics in themes that are more open and less restrictive.

On the other hand, I also realize that we need to play by the same rules. These threads batting around ideas are helpful.

U-Man
    Participant

Ummm. I sounded like an a$$hole in that first line. Sorry. 😳

/I’d prefer a more open theme over a restricted one is pretty much all I needed to say.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I’m really glad you guys settled the light painting question…cuz I was coming in to ask the very same thing!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

soosh: I think so

justkat
    Participant

Ummm. I sounded like an a$$hole in that first line. Sorry. 😳

U-Man, if that’s you being an asshole, I think my suspicions that you’re one hell of a nice guy have just been given one more piece of corroborating evidence.

/and i think the sentence above was not as concise as it could have been lol.
    //which is very typically me. 😉
    slashies!

U-Man
    Participant

Kat, 🙂 Yeah, I’m pretty nice. But I can be a jerk just like everybody. I’m sure Mopsy can attest to that. I just try to be extra careful with these internet communications. You can’t read my body language and I can’t see how you react. I’ve seen innocent e-mails turned up-side-down with bad results.

Essentially, I like you guys and don’t want to fark it up.

justkat
    Participant

U-Man. I gotcha 100%. I’ve often felt that I’ve spent hours and several rewrites to come up with just exactly the wrong way to say something really important. 😯 Luckily for me, most people know I mean well and am just short a few candles these days. 🙄

U-Man
    Participant

These days?

justkat
    Participant

Well, I kinda meant since the turn of the century, but you weren’t to know that i used to be smart. 😉

Brat.

😀

powerfulkatrinka
    Participant

Help! What does this mean? Throwing away unfetchable URL http://a%20href%3D/: 500 Can’t connect to a href=:80 (Bad hostname ‘a href=’) Some times I get it when posting from flicker and sometimes no problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 116 total)
  • The topic ‘02-10-10 – Let There Be Light’ is closed to new replies.