03-07-12 – Instant Inspiration

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-07-12 – Instant Inspiration

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

I’m likely to be sitting out the next few. I know I’ll miss this one. Life intervenes and stuff happens, etc. Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with, though.

//Wish Rush’s “Time Stand Still” could be made real.

soosh
    Participant

Yeah I am still at a loss for this one. Every time I open a book around here the first line I see is dwarves fighting monsters Or some scifi line I have no idea how to translate to pictures. Or people on horses and there are none around here that I have found in at least 6 months and they were not being ridden. I really should have done this a long time ago and gone to the library nut the last three times I went by the library it was closed. DOH!

Circus peanuts & peeps, man.

kashari
    Participant

Ok, thanks Kestrana! I wasn’t sure if the description’s wording meant they had to be new or not.

lokisbong
    Participant

Yeah I am still at a loss for this one. Every time I open a book around here the first line I see is dwarves fighting monsters Or some scifi line I have no idea how to translate to pictures. Or people on horses and there are none around here that I have found in at least 6 months and they were not being ridden. I really should have done this a long time ago and gone to the library nut the last three times I went by the library it was closed. DOH!

Lack of funding makes even that small of a purchase tricky right now. And I haven’t seen either of those at the only grocery store in town yet.

On a different note I might be out for a while because of this lack of funding. I have a couple hundred dollar fine I can’t pay and I might end up spending 90 days behind bars. Nevada Pot laws are awful. Although not as bad as twenty years ago I guess. My birthday celebration combined with a neighbor who calls the cops for what I consider really petty shit got me in trouble. And then unemployment has pushed me to likely jail time. So if you all don’t hear from me for a few months don’t worry I will be back.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Lack of funding makes even that small of a purchase tricky right now. And I haven’t seen either of those at the only grocery store in town yet.

On a different note I might be out for a while because of this lack of funding. I have a couple hundred dollar fine I can’t pay and I might end up spending 90 days behind bars. Nevada Pot laws are awful. Although not as bad as twenty years ago I guess. My birthday celebration combined with a neighbor who calls the cops for what I consider really petty shit got me in trouble. And then unemployment has pushed me to likely jail time. So if you all don’t hear from me for a few months don’t worry I will be back.

Dude, that seriously sucks, insult to injury! Hope things turn out for you, man!

lokisbong
    Participant

Dude, that seriously sucks, insult to injury! Hope things turn out for you, man!

Yeah I am putting off going to the clerks office until later this afternoon in case they decide to throw the book at me so to speak. I am hoping I can get them to wait a month to jail me on the off chance I can find a job before then and finish paying my fines.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Oh god, ennuipoet that sucks!!! I hope things get resolved quickly.

I feel weird posting this insubstantial crap after that, but did want to let everyone know there’s a poll in the Pub and Grill Forum regarding the Fark voting options. The powers that be are looking at the issue and want your feedback, so please vote there or in the Fark Farktography Forum (or both). Poll here is available at http://www.farktography.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=52608#52608

ennuipoet
    Participant

Oh god, ennuipoet that sucks!!! I hope things get resolved quickly.

I feel weird posting this insubstantial crap after that, but did want to let everyone know there’s a poll in the Pub and Grill Forum regarding the Fark voting options. The powers that be are looking at the issue and want your feedback, so please vote there or in the Fark Farktography Forum (or both). Poll here is available at http://www.farktography.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=52608#52608

It’s not me Elsinore, it’s Lokisbong! (I screwed up the quote brackets in my reply) I am not currently in danger of going to jail…at least as far as I know!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Doh I see now–either way, I know times aren’t great for either of you–hope things start looking up for both of you soon!

sleeping
    Participant

(I screwed up the quote brackets in my reply)

Fixxored!

Yugoboy
    Participant

Who would have thought a guy named lokisbong would have some trouble with a little weed?

j/k
    The libertarian in me cries out that this is exactly the WRONG type of crime to be prosecuting…

meanwhile over on Wall Street…

lokisbong
    Participant

Who would have thought a guy named lokisbong would have some trouble with a little weed?

j/k
    The libertarian in me cries out that this is exactly the WRONG type of crime to be prosecuting…

meanwhile over on Wall Street…

Well I have at least 24 more hours o freedom. i asked to speak to the judge and am trying to get community service instead of jail time. The worst part in my opinion is drinking and driving is really bad around here and they do next to nothing about it unless the drunk driver gets in a wreck. I am constantly finding beer bottles on the road right across the street from the courthouse even but a bit of pot smoked in your own home is a crime worthy of jail time if the judge isn’t in a great mood when you see him.

kashari
    Participant

Yikes Lokisbong, so sorry to hear you’re dealing with that crap!

Well, I was sitting here wondering wtf was going on & why the thread hadn’t been posted yet. 😳

Oh well, at least I’m ready and have one new shot.

linguine
    Participant

Well I have at least 24 more hours o freedom. i asked to speak to the judge and am trying to get community service instead of jail time. The worst part in my opinion is drinking and driving is really bad around here and they do next to nothing about it unless the drunk driver gets in a wreck. I am constantly finding beer bottles on the road right across the street from the courthouse even but a bit of pot smoked in your own home is a crime worthy of jail time if the judge isn’t in a great mood when you see him.

Good luck tomorrow, hopefully the judge is in a good mood and everything turns out for the best.

lokisbong
    Participant

Thanks you all. Keeping my fingers crossed he’s in a good mood.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 106 total)
  • The topic ‘03-07-12 – Instant Inspiration’ is closed to new replies.