03-07-12 – Instant Inspiration

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-07-12 – Instant Inspiration

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    geom_00
    Participant

Wait…I am confused.

Are we supposed to take a picture of the phrase word(s) themselves…or open a book, see a phrase, and take a picture of WHAT the phrase says?!

Thanks!

lokisbong
    Participant

good luck lokisbong.

on a personal note i got nothing for tonight. my stats must be totally screwed by now but i ceased to care. and am a better person for it. 🙂

definitely good luck to you, loki. If I had the money to lend you to keep you outta jail, I’d do it, but I’ve got $10 to last me a week.

If I’d known taking a few months off would screw me outta the FSM’s active lists, I probably wouldn’t have done it. I’ve got one for tonight, maybe more after work, maybe not.

Thanks for the thought. I got lucky and the judge has allowed me to do community service to finish paying off the fine as long as I do it all in the next 2 months. So YAY!!!!!!!

I have nothing for tonight but will probably wear out my voting finger this week! I will have stuff for next week for sure.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, it really shouldn’t be an archive dive.

mopsy
    Participant

I believe it is the second part of what you said. At least that is what I did.

orionid
    Participant

good luck lokisbong.

on a personal note i got nothing for tonight. my stats must be totally screwed by now but i ceased to care. and am a better person for it. 🙂

definitely good luck to you, loki. If I had the money to lend you to keep you outta jail, I’d do it, but I’ve got $10 to last me a week.

If I’d known taking a few months off would screw me outta the FSM’s active lists, I probably wouldn’t have done it. I’ve got one for tonight, maybe more after work, maybe not.

Thanks for the thought. I got lucky and the judge has allowed me to do community service to finish paying off the fine as long as I do it all in the next 2 months. So YAY!!!!!!!

I have nothing for tonight but will probably wear out my voting finger this week! I will have stuff for next week for sure.

Yay!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Wait…I am confused.

Are we supposed to take a picture of the phrase word(s) themselves…or open a book, see a phrase, and take a picture of WHAT the phrase says?!

Thanks!

The second part. The idea was to use a random phrase as inspiration for something to photograph.

mopsy
    Participant

Wait…I am confused.

Thanks!

Sorry, thought I could get my answer to your question in before anyone else.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

good luck lokisbong.

That is seriously wonderful news–I’m so glad to hear it!

kashari
    Participant

Yeah, it really shouldn’t be an archive dive.

Aww poop, ok. I’d asked way back in the thread & didn’t get an answer, so I asked again and I think it was Kestrana that said it should be ok. But no biggie, go ahead and delete my Arabian shot. Sorry gang!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I have no inspiration, instant or otherwise and since this is not an archive diveable theme looks like I’m out this week. Legos is not looking promising either. My grandson took all his legos home last summer and I doubt I will get them back in time. Oh well, I was due for a break anyway!

I thought it was ok to archive dive? If not, I’ll only have one rather than three and the horse one I posted should be pulled. I’ll post my new shot and wait for confirmation before doing the other.

Has Plama checked into the thread?

My previous response might get lost in the thread, but the intention was to open a book randomly and take a picture after that, using whatever phrase is on that page as inspiration to take the photograph. So I interpret that as not being an archive divable theme. It’s quite possible we’ll see casual Farktographers violating that ideal once the thread hits the Main Page, but that was the intention of the theme.

(otherwise, I’d have a couple more entries myself)

geom_00
    Participant

Wait…I am confused.

Thanks!

The second part. The idea was to use a random phrase as inspiration for something to photograph.

Well…I’m not sure how many votes I’ll get…but I like these…and I don’t have time to take anything else.

kashari
    Participant

That is seriously wonderful news–I’m so glad to hear it!

I agree, yay for Loki! 🙂

geom_00
    Participant

Also…Loki Glad you are not getting the banhammer from everyday life!

Keep on snappin’ those pics!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well there’s two of you who were confused enough to archive dive. I don’t think that fits the theme, but if it’s that confusing, should we allow it? To some extent, without people being honest, there’s a good likelihood I wouldn’t be able to police every entry for whether they were taken after this theme was scheduled or not. I’m usually an admitted stickler for the rules and theme intention/requirements, but I also don’t want to go so far that participation is overly prohibited. Maybe plamadude30k will wander in and let us know what he’d prefer to see done….

kashari
    Participant

My previous response might get lost in the thread, but the intention was to open a book randomly and take a picture after that, using whatever phrase is on that page as inspiration to take the photograph. So I interpret that as not being an archive divable theme. It’s quite possible we’ll see casual Farktographers violating that ideal once the thread hits the Main Page, but that was the intention of the theme.

(otherwise, I’d have a couple more entries myself)

Oops, guess I did miss it, sorry!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 106 total)
  • The topic ‘03-07-12 – Instant Inspiration’ is closed to new replies.