03-11-09 – Bang

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    RcMacStudent
    Participant

That definitely works Schnee.

olavf
    Participant

There’s not much available by way of that stuff legally here (outside of right around the 4th).

I hear that. Here in L.A. county we don’t even get the “safe and sane” fireworks for the 4th. Of course this never stops the guys down the street who invariably manage to obtain some four or six inch mortars.

Dude. Mexico. Not that I mean to smuggle the good stuff back, just get your photos while you’re down there!

/Safe and Sane is stoopid anyways. Let us blow ourselves up….. thin out the genepool.

That’s an eight hour drive for me :/

*sigh*

mopsy
    Participant

I am finding this a difficult theme. I can find things that make noise but to portray them making the noise is the difficult part. Anyone else have this same problem?

orionid
    Participant

Just go to walmart tomorrow afternoon and look for a kid mid-temper tantrum.

One idea that I had, but chose not to use that someone else may if they like is a sound level meter next to some high powered speakers. Especially if you can make the meter flash “OVER RANGE” while on the 130db setting.

orionid
    Participant

Or even a good subwoofer behind a grill so that the grill is sharp and focused providing a baseline, and the brand logo on the sub is distorted from rapid movement and a long exposure, thus showing the creation of intense bass.

nobigdeal
    Participant

All of my ideas for this theme have ended in fail. So I am looking through the archives for shots that may work.

I have a bunch that are on the same vein as this :

Does that work?

A: My boy is wailing on the guitar.
    B: I’m standing in front of the speaker
    C: The bands credo is LOUD and in your face

RcMacStudent
    Participant

NBD that works for me, I haven’t been to a concert that was quiet.

wrayvynn
    Participant

every time i say “I got nuthin” i come up with somethin.

So im gonna say “I got nuthin”

In the hopes i come up with somethin.

corsec67
    Participant

Admittedly, I didn’t look that hard, but it seems like cap guns joined law darts…

Waiting to the day of the theme isn’t a good idea either.

orionid
    Participant

Admittedly, I didn’t look that hard, but it seems like cap guns joined law darts…

Waiting to the day of the theme isn’t a good idea either.

Somebody probably couldn’t stand the thought of their snowflake “accidentally ingesting” 1/10th of a gram of sulphur pete. now that you mention it, I haven’t seen them in years, either. And the last ones I saw were at a Big Lots.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Damn…can’t say I’ve seen them either. I loved my cap guns as a kid. Not the ones with the round reels, but the paper rolls with little piles of the explosive stuff wedged between the layers. We’d take hammers to those rolls and explode most or all of a roll at once. Those were the days.

/also played with jarts

wrayvynn
    Participant

cap guns, i usually see them at the end of the seasonal aisle at places like safeway where all the cheap chinese lead encrusted toys are 😉 Somewhere between the water balloons that look like grenades and the fake handcuffs…

SilverStag
    Participant

Too bad schnee didn’t get a picture of the FSM server for this contest…

orionid
    Participant

Too bad schnee didn’t get a picture of the FSM server for this contest…

Zing!

orionid
    Participant

I can’t make up my mind on which shots to use! Waaaahhhhh!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • The topic ‘03-11-09 – Bang’ is closed to new replies.