03-11-09 – Bang

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    schnee
    Participant

Ok, I really like orionid‘s 1911 in action, and schnee‘s bottle.

/Got nothing this week.

Thanks corsec67. It was a really fun process – I knew what I wanted the final image to look like so I had to mentally back track from that image to figure it all out. This was my most brain-stretching image to date.

Hardest part was my self-imposed difficulty of “no hands”. Getting a cork to pop in a somewhat predictable manner that would not cause an over-exposed image gave me pause.

mopsy
    Participant

More info on our 4th of July fireworks. Each year as the clan comes together, U-man, his sister and his Florida cousin try to out do each other with getting the best fireworks. Some are really loud. They set it up to have their display go over the river and the audience arranges themselves at one side of the bay. It has become about an hour long and is spectacular. I think the three creating the show have as much fun if not more than those watching. I just feel it is successful if no one gets hurt and we haven’t burned something down!

orionid
    Participant

More info on our 4th of July fireworks. Each year as the clan comes together, U-man, his sister and his Florida cousin try to out do each other with getting the best fireworks. Some are really loud. They set it up to have their display go over the river and the audience arranges themselves at one side of the bay. It has become about an hour long and is spectacular. I think the three creating the show have as much fun if not more than those watching. I just feel it is successful if no one gets hurt and we haven’t burned something down!

U-Man I’ll have to send you some notes on the electronic ignition system I developed for fireworks. I assume you’ve already mastered fuse splicing. I stopped a few years back though when we heard the police scanner call for all cars to look for an “Unregistered demonstration” at the tail end of a 15-minute skyrocket barage set to music.

And Mopsy, love the chainsaw shot!

mopsy
    Participant

Orinoid, any suggestions that will make the whole event safer would be much appreciated. I really think the three of them are pyro-maniacs.

Thanks for liking my chainsaw pic.

olavf
    Participant

Ah crap, I jumped the gun. E, please move me below the Boobies. EDIT NEVERMIND(*)

Oh, and BANG!

(*) when did Fark do that? spiffy…

Sorry, there were three or four other early entries and I was still waiting on the boobies to show up, so it was easier to just delete and have you repost.

Hey U-Man just so you see it in case you didn’t with the other post–repost your first entry!

Yeah, that was pretty entertaining – refreshing and watching pics appear and disappear. Yay patience!

U-Man
    Participant

Feeling those mortars in your feet and chest is a nice clean rush.

orionid
    Participant

Feeling those mortars in your feet and chest is a nice clean rush.

I absolutely agree.

Except when your pop drops the wrong mortar in the wrong tube(a big one, in a tube leftover from a tube shot of significant size), it doesn’t make a good seal for launch, flies up to the whopping hieght of 10 feet, then engulfs everyone in a 60 foot radius in a “glittering blue brocade.”

/Looked cool as hell after my heart started again.

U-Man
    Participant

…then engulfs everyone in a 60 foot radius in a “glittering blue brocade.”

/Looked cool as hell after my heart started again.

I’m still chuckling. 🙂

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Here’s some b-sides from this week for your amusement.

Lead singer in action

Bass player, lost in the moment

And from a different band, different outdoor concert

Stage presence

And some random shots

Faux blonds at the rodeo

Motorcyle IQ

Old School Political Protest

That last one was taken at the joint anti-war protest and mass zombie drag Thriller video dance performance in Dolores Park in SF. And no, I’m not kidding. Here’s a link to coverage of the event and also a YouTube video of the Thriller zombies dancing.

lokisbong
    Participant

Is it just me or a lot of votes going to things that are not making any noise? RcMacStudent said in his answer on page 1 that it was supposed to be making noise not just capable of noise. Not bitching just curious. It makes me think a lot of entrants don’t come to the discussions at all

Elsinore
    Keymaster

They don’t come to the discussions over here for the most part. We probably should have put language in the description that stipulated the subject had to be making noise since that was mentioned. For the more casual participant, if they come in the Fark thread and read “Take pictures of noisy things,” they enter whatever they have that could possibly make noise. We can’t really disqualify those kinds of entries when they follow the letter of the description, but not the extra expectations that get posted only over here. We just need to do a better job of making sure that if there are specific expectations or difficulties, then they need to be included in what gets posted on Fark.

orionid
    Participant

Schnee, I know it’s still far from over, but once again, I tip my hat to you. Great shot!

/Next time, Gadget, next time.

schnee
    Participant

Schnee, I know it’s still far from over, but once again, I tip my hat to you. Great shot!

/Next time, Gadget, next time.

Thanks man. I’m pretty sure that this is the 2nd time we’ve been neck-and-neck. If only there was some statistics site I could check that on…

schnee
    Participant

Is it just me or a lot of votes going to things that are not making any noise?

Jeepers, people are getting stabby about this. That’s great – shows interest in the program. Woot!

corsec67
    Participant

Jeepers, people are getting stabby about this. That’s great – shows interest in the program. Woot!

Hmm, would that make a good theme?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • The topic ‘03-11-09 – Bang’ is closed to new replies.