03-16-11 – Black

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

Yeah, Zero I saw that that’d expired; sorry about that!

That would be great, Kestrana; I’ll need to put the links together for you first; expect a PM soon.

//the image I’m choosing that has silhouettes is a completely intentional use of negative space to define the image. Ran it by cd and she’s good with it. It’s still that damned third shot I’m lacking–I hate that I’ve waited for the last possible minute!

sleeping
    Participant

With silhouettes my thought is, a shadow is black.

Shadows aren’t really black (they tend to be rather blue in direct sunlight), black is just what happens when you exceed the dynamic range of your camera’s low end 🙂

U-Man
    Participant

At dentist (again) and just read my last post. I was trying to be funny. I hope y’all read it that way.

Kestrana
    Participant

I actually laughed out loud at it.

olavf
    Participant

It’s still that damned third shot I’m lacking–I hate that I’ve waited for the last possible minute!

Eh. Looks like I’ll have three again this week, unless something changes. I’d rather post two good ones than three crummy ones.

ravnostic
    Participant

It’s still that damned third shot I’m lacking–I hate that I’ve waited for the last possible minute!

Eh. Looks like I’ll have three again this week, unless something changes. I’d rather post two good ones than three crummy ones.

I like my third only for the humor and the brand. But it will do, for those reasons, I suppose. The other two I do really like.

I have no b’s to post. I like two of them, but I’ll save them for another viewing in another contest. They’d be in this contest, too, if they weren’t too close to one I’m going to use.

Thanks Kestrana for OBOing me!

//now just biding my time ’til the interview, 80 minutes away. Wish me luck–I could use the promotion [read that: I need to make more than I currently do].

Uranus
    Participant

2 shots of the same subject for tonight. Could someone please venture an opinion which is better?
    For various reasons I can’t make up my mind…

1. http://www.flickr.com/photos/discover_uranus/5533353176/in/photostream/
    2. http://www.flickr.com/photos/discover_uranus/5532790825/in/photostream/

olavf
    Participant

I like my third only for the humor and the brand. But it will do, for those reasons, I suppose. The other two I do really like.

I have no b’s to post. I like two of them, but I’ll save them for another viewing in another contest. They’d be in this contest, too, if they weren’t too close to one I’m going to use.

Thanks Kestrana for OBOing me!

//now just biding my time ’til the interview, 80 minutes away. Wish me luck–I could use the promotion [read that: I need to make more than I currently do].

I prefer to do three, ’cause I can – I just didn’t have anything I was really happy with. One shot this week is brand new as of the weekend, the other is from a set I did a while back – I’d intended to use a different shot but I’d already used it. Turns out I think the one I’m using works better in context anyway. I’ve got a ‘b’ from this week’s shoot – maybe I’ll post it later. It’s too similar to the one I’m using to post as well.

Good luck! I know the feeling. Sometimes I wish I could get a second job, or better, make my photography work for me 😛

Sorry I couldn’t promise to OBO. 5pm can be kinda hectic here at times, and I’m not always sure I’ll be able to post my own….

Uranus – I like your #1 shot much better. It feels sharper, and ‘feels’ blacker, even though it isn’t technically.

Uranus
    Participant

Thanks olavf . Beer for you if it hits the top 10.

olavf
    Participant

Heh. No worries Uranus. I’ll only hold you to that if one of mine don’t 😉

soosh
    Participant

I like the first one, too.

Anybody want to throw an opinion at which of these two should be included?

ice on car window:

or

ravens on snow:

olavf
    Participant

The ice is more grayscale to me soosh? I like ’em both, but were it me I’d probably go for the ravens for that reason.

lokisbong
    Participant

Yeah the ravens grab my attention more when I think about it. Not to say the frost picture isn’t way cool looking.

orionid
    Participant

What they said.

olavf
    Participant

dangit. Delete my boobies please. =/

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 103 total)
  • The topic ‘03-16-11 – Black’ is closed to new replies.