04-13-11 – Alphabet Photography

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-13-11 – Alphabet Photography

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to Ranger Joe/Cameraflage this week!

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Congrats Ranger Joe! Like I was saying, anyone with a W from Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, Arizona … is an automatic win 😉
    And of course, automatic second place for a plane spewing smoke–nice job on that, CauseISaidSo, the most popular letter is not an easy one to find and photograph. Like the banner as well.
    And the idea to have another contest where we make whole words, +1.5!

I had my best finish yet this week, with my worst photo still in the top twenty–wow! I try not to worry too much about my stats and placement, but it does feel good that voters like what I’m posting. Thanks voters! Thanks also to U-man and Soosh, because if they had entered their D,G or fireworks V from their b-sides, I would not be placed as high, that’s my gut feeling anyway.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Yep, congrats Ranger Joe/Cameraflage on an awesome shot. I think U-Man and I shared prognostic powers this week, because as soon as I scrolled past that one I thought the same thing – “That’s the One.”

Thanks Zero, and congrats to you, too. You did indeed have a good week as you & Ranger Joe tied for most combined votes at 69. I thought the coffee Q was quite clever. In general, I was surprised at how many Q’s turned up.

I’m quite thrilled with my 2nd as that was the last place I needed to fill in my top ten card. My life as a farktographer is now complete. 😉

While I certainly enjoyed this contest, the voters were pretty stingy this week as this is the 2nd lowest vote total since I started keeping detailed stats. Oh well, can’t please ’em every week, eh?

cameraflage
    Participant

Woo hoo!

Thanks gang. It’s hard to go wrong with Monument Valley. That formation is called the Three Sisters.

The banner was awesome, CauseISaidSo…thanks for including my Y.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Huh, it’s interesting that this was the second lowest recorded vote total, because I think it’s also my second lowest personal vote total. Not a great week, I guess.

EDIT: Also, Cameraflage, I have several pictures of that exact same formation in monument valley-after I saw yours I went and looked up mine. I’m kicking myself for not thinking of it. Now that I think of it too, I could have done Cassiopeia for W as well. D’oh! I really did drop the ball this week.

ravnostic
    Participant

Plama; I thought about Cass for W, but in the shots I have, with the time exposure the stars forming it don’t stand out well enough. Same with Cygnus for ‘t’.

Definite congrats to Ranger Joe/Cameraflage. I gotzta get me up there for some shots one day…

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)
  • The topic ‘04-13-11 – Alphabet Photography’ is closed to new replies.