04-13-11 – Alphabet Photography

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-13-11 – Alphabet Photography

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

Kes is fine, it’s what I usually go by on the intarwebz. And it was mine before Star Trek appropriated it’s use!

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Cool story bro: Yesterday morning I woke up from a dream in which I was noticing that my coffee cup looked like the letter Q. I was in the process of getting my camera to take a photo for this contest when the alarm went off. That is where my inspiration for the shot came from. Unfortunately I see ZE had the same dream with a better photo!

Thanks, I dunno about better, but I was first to post, anyway! Glad you–and evidently a few voters–like it.

QueenBee and Kestrana, I am definitely stealing your ideas for h and R, respectively. I am kicking myself for not seeing those earlier. Good eye, both of you!

Kestrana
    Participant

Thanks ZE. I didn’t know if my ‘R’ was ‘R’ enough so I decided not to use it in the contest.

ravnostic
    Participant

You can keep your Kes, so long as I can get 7 of 9.

And I’ll leave it at that.
    *//*

U-Man
    Participant

That D is really awesome. I’m somewhat glad you didn’t use it but know it will show up some day.

Thanks. I s’pose I should have used that instead of the ‘A’. But the guessing is part of the game.

I might have to start sticking my neck out late Wednesday nights. I called out loud to myself that the Ranger would have a nice week. 🙂

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

For gits & shiggles (as chupathingie put it), I decided to assemble some of our letters into a word:

Letters were taken as they appear in the voting results page with the following exceptions:
    * Some entries are cropped to make a consistent letter size
    * I had to pull a K from my c-sides (yep, not even bees – it’s the top of a power tower on its side)
    * Since no one entered any R’s, one R is from Kes‘s bees and the other is rav‘s B cropped at the bottom to make an R

QueenBee
    Participant

Awesome!

lokisbong
    Participant

Sweet! Thanks for using my A shot.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Thanks! I was really just curious as to whether assembling a word would be readable. I think for the most part it is.

U-Man
    Participant

For gits & shiggles (as chupathingie put it), I decided to assemble some of our letters into a word:

That’s totally sweet. From now on, I’m going to e-mail my ransom notes using this technique.

lokisbong
    Participant

Thanks! I was really just curious as to whether assembling a word would be readable. I think for the most part it is.

I certainly had no problems figuring out what it said.

olavf
    Participant

Well done CauseISaidSo!

Plamadude30k
    Participant

That was seriously awesome, CauseISaidSo. It should be posted in the thread somewhere.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Thanks everyone. Glad you enjoyed it.

From now on, I’m going to e-mail my ransom notes using this technique.

Note to myself: Remove owner info from EXIF data… 😉

nobigdeal
    Participant

Cool!!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 126 total)
  • The topic ‘04-13-11 – Alphabet Photography’ is closed to new replies.