04-13-11 – Alphabet Photography

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-13-11 – Alphabet Photography

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    kashari
    Participant

Thanks everyone. Glad you enjoyed it.

That was a cool idea and you did a great job, thanks!

mopsy
    Participant

I suppose it’s too late for an added picture in the Fartography coffee table book. Or maybe the cover!
    Maybe CauseISaidSo’s “Farktography” can be in the second book. That’s if there is a second after all the work of the first one.

Kestrana
    Participant

It’s not too late to put it somewhere in the book if we want. But I was thinking if we could put a splash banner on the site it would be awesome for that

orionid
    Participant

I’m in full agreement with the awesomeness of the montage.

Maybe classic alphabet photography II should be spell a word, stitch together.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

I’m in full agreement with the awesomeness of the montage.

Maybe classic alphabet photography II should be spell a word, stitch together.

I would enjoy that, especially if I had more time. I had about an hour this week to go search for letters. Thankfully, I found they were everywhere, so it didn’t take too long. I think my vote totals are reflecting the small amount of time I spent on it, though. Not a great week for me, even if it’s a great week for the contest.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It’s not too late to put it somewhere in the book if we want. But I was thinking if we could put a splash banner on the site it would be awesome for that

That might be possible.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Wow, thanks again everyone, I’m seriously flattered by Mopsy‘s suggestion for the book, but really all I did was combine others’ work. If you wanted to do something like that for the book, I’d suggest passing out letters to those who have entries in the book and then picking the best of those. I’d be happy to help assemble those into a montage if needed, but really anybody with rudimentary PS (or equivalent) skills could do that.

Now if you want to use it for a site banner, I’d be totally cool with that.

soosh
    Participant

That was awesome work, CauseISaidSo. If I have some time this weekend, I was thinking of trying to assemble as whole of an alphabet as possible from the entries.

And thanks for using my A!

side note: what part of Tulsa do you live and and how long have you been there? Have I asked you this before? I grew up in Tulsa from 1970 until moving to Alaska in 1997, with a couple of years in college at OSU and OU.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Thanks, soosh! I just started at the top of the voting results page (as it was at that time) and grabbed the top entries that I needed. Good luck with the alphabet – as I found, there are a few letters missing or in scarce supply. Do post what you come up with, though.

Regarding Tulsa, we’ve discussed it briefly before (I think in the thread about shooting one of the meteor showers), but I grew up in & attended Bixby from K-12, then went to TU. In ’86 my (then future) wife and I moved to NC where we spent the next 16 years aside from a brief stint in Arkansas. Finally got tired of spending all of our vacation time to come see family so we moved back to Tulsa in ’02 and have been here since. I currently live in south Tulsa in kind of a gray zone – Jenks phone prefix, Tulsa address, and Bixby schools.

You’d mentioned in the previous thread that you went to Memorial. My wife graduated there in ’83 (I think; +/- 1 year). What took you to Alaska? I’d love the wilderness aspect of it, but I’m not sure I could hang on the cold.

soosh
    Participant

Yes, I graduated Memorial in 1987. Did she know Michael McVay at all? He was my brother, graduated in 1984. He was mostly a musician (classical piano & trumpet in orchestra and jazz band).

Did you know a guy named Brad Priest out in Bixby? We were friends in Elementary and he and his parents moved out to a farm there in the mid-70s.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Turns out she graduated in ’82 and didn’t recognize your brother’s name.

Brad Priest sounds really familiar. Was he a wrestler? I’m thinking he was a friend of my brother who graduated in ’86 (I graduated in ’80). I know I’ve heard the name before. I’ll have to ask my parents.

soosh
    Participant

I think he might have been a wrestler. He would have graduated 86 or 87. I didn’t know him past about 10 years old.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

FYI, oh exalted gang of new mods ;), you wouldn’t think it would happen in this contest (and it doesn’t really affect anything), but there is a Scarlet R…

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah…we’re Farktography mods, not Fark.com mods…so that’s still Elsinore‘s bag. 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Damn..I’ve been looking…guess this one just now got votes.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 126 total)
  • The topic ‘04-13-11 – Alphabet Photography’ is closed to new replies.