04-13-11 – Alphabet Photography

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-13-11 – Alphabet Photography

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    QueenBee
    Participant

Here’s a question. I have a great picture of a row of J’s I found. They are very obvious to me, but they are not crossed at the top. When I print my J’s I never cross it, but I wanted to make sure it’d be OK to use. I haven’t taken the image off my camera yet so I can’t share it, but I can do that tonight if you guys need to see it to make a call.

orionid
    Participant

( if someone can get a fireworks V, I’m thinking automatic win )

BRB…AFK…

/Seriously, though. Do you mind if I run with this?

orionid
    Participant

But making a letter is not really in the spirit of the theme

oh, nevermind.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

queenbee, I can’t speak for U-man, but I’m betting that is no problem about the crosed J. After all, there are many different fonts–and there are some that do not have a cross for the capital J. Comic sans is one off the top of my head. You might have a problem with the “row of J’s” part though, as it’s supposed to be one letter only, unless I’m interpreting the description wrong?

LOL orionid, yes I was thinking of folks who had captured the V from someone else’s fireworks display … but if you do end up doing the shot, I would love to see it! I’m so glad that part of the difficulty for this one is not being able to “make” the letters. Forced me to get off my duff and get outside, at least. Don’t think I have any potential winners in my alphabet yet, but this is a challenging theme, so you never know *shrug*

kestrana I forgot about X, doh!

QueenBee
    Participant

Well the others are blurred in the background so I’m thinking it wouldn’t be too much an issue, but I can always reshoot it 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I got the clarifications put into the theme description, just FYI.

soosh
    Participant

we’re a complicated people

Elsinore
    Keymaster

We are 😆

On that note….it just struck me that the description says one letter per photo. Does that mean multiples of the same letter are out? I hadn’t considered that and would have thought as long as it was just one letter (even if multiple instances), it would be fine.

ennuipoet
    Participant

As hard a time as I had coming up with entries for this thread, I cannot imagine banning a letter as to “easy”!

ravnostic
    Participant

As hard a time as I had coming up with entries for this thread, I cannot imagine banning a letter as to “easy”!

All I know is I’ll be replete with “b’s”–of a different color. I’ve been seeing letters everywhere. Off for one last jaunt for the contest–it’s a beautiful morning, I’ve just finished a 72 hour via 6-12 days workweek, I have a whole 36 hours before I have to go back and do it again, and dammit–I wanna take pikchers!

Is there a 12 step program for this?

I’m either 18 or 24 months ahead of myself here, but can we call Alphabet Photo II “Qwerty”, and include all the characters on a standard qwerty keyboard?

ravnostic
    Participant

Oh, and she won’t let me use it in the contest lest her husband find out, so a very early b and everyone else is welcomed to make a better one (which shouldn’t be hard–picture is over 3 years old, maybe a month(?) from when I purchased my DSLR. I didn’t even have a RAW image to work with:

http://fossilspringsaz.com/pics/2011/apr/06/ddsml.jpg

(safe for work, I suppose, but not suggested)

Deanna, and her double D’s (which were brand new at the time and she was very proud.)
    I thought they were super-awesome, too.

//Any questions on that goto http://www.fark.com/comments/6106990/The-original-Wonder-Woman-Lynda-Carter-is-going-to-be-grand-marshal-of-an-upcoming-Gay-Pride-parade-Fabulous

edit to fix?

Farktographer
    Participant

We are 😆

On that note….it just struck me that the description says one letter per photo. Does that mean multiples of the same letter are out? I hadn’t considered that and would have thought as long as it was just one letter (even if multiple instances), it would be fine.

I interpreted that as multiples of the same letter are in, but you can only have one type of letter per picture – i.e. V’s and A’s together. If this is wrong, clarification would be good fast b/c that cancels one of my expected entries 😯

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Dunno that V’s and A’s together would fly since they’re different letters, but I think multiples should be fine–U-Man, correct us if we’re wrong!

It’s kinda like my uncle says after a night of drinking, “I’ve only had one beer. It’s been 7 or 8 of the same beer, so that’s just one.” 😆

QueenBee
    Participant

What if it just depends on how you look at it? I have a picture that could have an M or a W depending on what you see. Should I scrap that one?

Kestrana
    Participant

I interpreted it as ‘a single letter by itself’ so yes clarification would be good.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 126 total)
  • The topic ‘04-13-11 – Alphabet Photography’ is closed to new replies.