04-13-11 – Alphabet Photography

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-13-11 – Alphabet Photography

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

What if it just depends on how you look at it? I have a picture that could have an M or a W depending on what you see. Should I scrap that one?

No, I’d think that would be fine as long as the orientation is the same and the interpretation would be consistent whichever way you view/perceive it.

Farktographer
    Participant

Dunno that V’s and A’s together would fly since they’re different letters, but I think multiples should be fine–U-Man, correct us if we’re wrong!

It’s kinda like my uncle says after a night of drinking, “I’ve only had one beer. It’s been 7 or 8 of the same beer, so that’s just one.” 😆

Wow – I wrote that right when I woke up, and it means pretty much the opposite of what I meant, haha. Yeah, U-man will have to let us know – I was interpreting it as multiples of the same letter are okay, but if that’s not the case, it’d be good to get that info soon.

U-Man
    Participant

I got the idea for this theme from the photographers who take these photos and sell them a letter at a time for family names and such. So my original intent was one letter per photo – like you could cut out the pictures and make a ransom note or something.

But you know me, I tend to want to open up the themes rather than close them down. Since it is pretty late in the game and there was this unforeseen ambiguity, I say that multiples of the same letter in one photo should be allowed.

But if you have multiple choices, remember that the spirit of the theme is one letter per pic.

Is that fair and good?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

That works for me, thanks!

soosh
    Participant

bees.

T:

H:

W:

H again:

O:

V:

olavf
    Participant

You missed your ‘automatic win’ with that firework ‘V’, soosh 😉
    /great bees!

soosh
    Participant

You missed your ‘automatic win’ with that firework ‘V’, soosh 😉
    /great bees!

check the thread. I have another V of fireworks that I liked better.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Damnit, I so read the theme as nothing man-made! Do you know how many tree branches and flower stems I searched through looking for letter all because I have poor reading comprehension! 🙂

lokisbong
    Participant

Could you please remove my third entry. not sure how I posted the same thing twice.

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got it, lokisbong

QueenBee
    Participant

B’s from Bee! (so many As in the thread already. Maybe I should have used one of these B’s..)

olavf
    Participant

Damnit, I so read the theme as nothing man-made! Do you know how many tree branches and flower stems I searched through looking for letter all because I have poor reading comprehension! 🙂

Been there, done that. =P

lokisbong
    Participant

Thank you Elsinore.

orionid
    Participant

Ouch. I was wondering about your flicker stream earlier. I figured you just went on a natural bend this week.

Also, “B’s”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/orionid/5590997622/in/photostream
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/orionid/5590406107/in/photostream
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/orionid/5590993406/in/photostream
    "*"

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 126 total)
  • The topic ‘04-13-11 – Alphabet Photography’ is closed to new replies.