04-13-11 – Alphabet Photography

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-13-11 – Alphabet Photography

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

I have a ‘G’ like Kestrana’s. It was in a neighbor’s yard. Some sort of plant stabilizer stake thingie.

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/G_7100.jpg

And here’s another winter reed letter. My ‘A’ in the contest and this one were both done about two years ago – for this purpose if not directly for this theme.

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/D-Reed_7063.jpg

/damn, I might like the D-reed better than the A-reed.

U-Man
    Participant

Ha! Limp noodle.

U-Man
    Participant

Damnit, I so read the theme as nothing man-made! Do you know how many tree branches and flower stems I searched through looking for letter all because I have poor reading comprehension! 🙂

that sux. 🙁

Kestrana
    Participant

I actually have Bees this week:

"E" by kestrana, on Flickr

“E”

"R" by kestrana, on Flickr

“R”

"J" by kestrana, on Flickr

“J”

"F" Cursive by kestrana, on Flickr

“F” – Cursive

"?" by kestrana, on Flickr

“?”

ravnostic
    Participant

Q seems popular–I didn’t think it would be. I should have known–had 4 different ‘Q’s to choose from myself…

mopsy
    Participant

Ennuipoet, you have no idea how many times I read these themes wrong, or interpret them wrong. Sometimes U-Man catches my error, but sometimes I just bumble along. Thought it was do to my age. Good to see some of you younger ones make the same mistake.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hey Morningbreath–the theme description says “one letter per photo”–you mentioned your bonus T. Maybe repost without that bit so it’s just a cross instead of a T?

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Alphabet set so far:
    Qoffee

Farktographer
    Participant

I felt okay (not great, just okay) with my shots this week. Then I submitted, and looked at everyone’s submissions – WOW, I got totally blown out of the water. Really great photos this week, everyone! I have a feeling it’s going to be another vote-heavy week.

olavf
    Participant

I felt okay (not great, just okay) with my shots this week. Then I submitted, and looked at everyone’s submissions – WOW, I got totally blown out of the water. Really great photos this week, everyone! I have a feeling it’s going to be another vote-heavy week.

Last time I checked there was a 17-way tie for first lol.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Some bees here. I was torn between my a-side “E” and my b-side “D”.

soosh
    Participant

I have a ‘G’ like Kestrana’s. It was in a neighbor’s yard. Some sort of plant stabilizer stake thingie.

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/G_7100.jpg

And here’s another winter reed letter. My ‘A’ in the contest and this one were both done about two years ago – for this purpose if not directly for this theme.

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/D-Reed_7063.jpg

/damn, I might like the D-reed better than the A-reed.

That D is really awesome. I’m somewhat glad you didn’t use it but know it will show up some day.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Cool story bro: Yesterday morning I woke up from a dream in which I was noticing that my coffee cup looked like the letter Q. I was in the process of getting my camera to take a photo for this contest when the alarm went off. That is where my inspiration for the shot came from. Unfortunately I see ZE had the same dream with a better photo!

Kestrana
    Participant

Yay for lots of votes out of the gate!

ravnostic
    Participant

Ooooh, *like* the ‘Moderator’ tag below your name Kes (may I call you Kes? I call your hubby “the big ‘O'”).

Ditto on the yay for the lots of votes–sadly, not too many of them are for me. Obviously I don’t know how to spell. I think I should have used my ‘V’. But I swore to myself I wouldn’t–even though it seems to me to be the best ‘V’ on the whole planet–maybe even the universe. But pride goeth, etc. Maybe I’ll do better in ‘Clouds’ (the game is on, Plama!)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 126 total)
  • The topic ‘04-13-11 – Alphabet Photography’ is closed to new replies.