04-15-09 – Graves II: The Dead Zone

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-15-09 – Graves II: The Dead Zone

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Photograph cemeteries, graves, etc

Thanks to SilverStag for the theme suggestion!

corsec67
    Participant

Hmm, either I will find a graveyard near Nagoya, Japan, or I will use some Swimsuit graveyard pictures for this one.

olavf
    Participant

Seeing as how the contest date is April 15th, I think something about death and taxes might be wildly appropriate.

monsieurstabby
    Participant

If only my shutter hadn’t been broken when I visited P?re Lachaise…

corsec67
    Participant

Sweet, there is a graveyard about a block away from my apartment in Okazaki, Japan.

I am going to wander around there to get some good pictures.
    (And maybe convince someone to model a bikini there as well?)

lokisbong
    Participant

I had a friend of mine who is a native of Louisiana who practically yelled at me .She says It’s bad ju ju or bad luck or some such when I told her I had been to the local cemetery.I don’t see a problem though. I think I got some fairly good pictures. I hope. I know I found some rather fancy headstones and some extra plain markers also. I have at least 4 that I really like but cannot decide which one to cut. They are already on my flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/34626556@N02/ page.

staplermofo
    Participant

I wouldn’t worry about it. JuJuBee’s never go bad. The cockroaches that survive the nuclear winter will be eating them for decades after we’re gone.

orionid
    Participant

oooh… I just had an idea….. Hmmm…. I like the openess of the description, hopefully everyone else will, too.

justkat
    Participant

my folder now has 12 photos in it. i have to bring that down to three. oh dear.

this is not to say there are 12 fantastic photos in there. there may not even be three lol. just that there is paring to do. but hey, it’s pared down from 100 or so, so that’s a start… 😉

corsec67
    Participant

my folder now has 12 photos in it. i have to bring that down to three. oh dear.

this is not to say there are 12 fantastic photos in there. there may not even be three lol. just that there is paring to do. but hey, it’s pared down from 100 or so, so that’s a start… 😉

I am sorting through my pictures now, although I do plan to go to the graveyard just down the street. I tried last night and just wasn’t feeling creative.

I think my best entry is an accidental self-portrait that ends up being very funny.

Pepi112
    Participant

Hi I am new to this site but I put some pictures in for the Ugly but great personality contest and really liked it! I like this theme too and can’t wait to take some pictures! I only have a little digital camera, nothing fancy, but it works 🙂

corsec67
    Participant

Hi I am new to this site but I put some pictures in for the Ugly but great personality contest and really liked it! I like this theme too and can’t wait to take some pictures! I only have a little digital camera, nothing fancy, but it works 🙂

Welcome.

For these contests, the image size is so small (640×1100 max) that doing well is more due to skill than having a better camera.

justkat
    Participant

I am sorting through my pictures now, although I do plan to go to the graveyard just down the street. I tried last night and just wasn’t feeling creative.

I think my best entry is an accidental self-portrait that ends up being very funny.

i can’t wait to see what that means… 😀

since my last post i have sort of maybe eliminated some of the pictures, but also essentially added one by cropping one and now not being able to decide if i like the cropped or the original better — they end up being totally different photographs even though i’m cropping out very little. 😯

Pepi112
    Participant

I do have a question. Do winners get anything besides having their picture be the best? I don’t mind either way but I was just curious lol

staplermofo
    Participant

There is no prize, per se, but you get special treatment from then on.
    For example, ever since I won, I have yet to get a parking or speeding ticket. People stop me on the street from time to time to shower me with praise, flowers, dolls, underwear, etc.
    There’s other stuff too, like I would buy any farktographer a beer at a Fark party, but, if you win a contest I would totally buy you a fancy beer, like chimay or something that comes in a fancy glass so everyone knows you’re extra special.

But if you have a fancy camera with you, you’re not getting a beer with dregs, like la fin du monde or whatever, because then you might not drink the ruphies.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 104 total)
  • The topic ‘04-15-09 – Graves II: The Dead Zone’ is closed to new replies.