04-15-09 – Graves II: The Dead Zone

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-15-09 – Graves II: The Dead Zone

Viewing 14 posts - 91 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    pangolyn
    Participant

Much thanks!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

n/p. Sorry your stuff got borked!

swampa
    Participant

Can you also re-enable the first two of Mareecar’s entries Elsinore? They seem to have disappeared.

And Thanks U-Man 😀 Great work on the trifecta – I think we are going to have to start a handicapping system for U-Man 😛

I really wanted to do like you did with the grave stones at night by I couldn’t be bothered waiting for the sun to go down completely (I still want to do it for the farkstronomy contest but I think it will require me break into a cemetery to do it :()

/Oh and another congrats for 100 top 10 finishes Elsinore

orionid
    Participant

Sweet! I took the Canon fork in the road 7-8 years ago but I hear that the Nikon stuff is almost as good.

/deadpan.
    //then cracks a mischievous smile.

I’ll get you next time, Gadget. Next time.

I actually started on the Pentax wagon with a hand-me-down 35mm SLR, but about three years ago, before my last deployment, I wanted a decent dSLR to continue learning with. Pentax was uhhh……. ummm…… behind the curve, and the (tax-free) navy exchange was having a sale on the Nikons. So I went that way and haven’t looked back.

Unrelated note: Bsides from this week are at the top of my photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/orionid/

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Can you also re-enable the first two of Mareecar’s entries Elsinore? They seem to have disappeared.

Yep, got ’em

/Oh and another congrats for 100 top 10 finishes Elsinore

Whoa, hadn’t caught that. Cool–thanks!

nobigdeal
    Participant

Thanks Choc-Ful-A bucky_bacon & U-Man for the props.

All my entries this week were shot Wednesday morning. Maybe I should wait till last minute all the time.

There were a ton of great shots this week.

U-Man I still think the Mother stone is awesome!

Has anyone ever gotten 1-2-3 before?

U-Man
    Participant

U-Man I still think the Mother stone is awesome!?

I actually like it better than my night shot. I guess the night one is more pleasing to the eye and it is certainly less forced, but the MOTHER one is just downright creepy. 🙂

bucky_bacon
    Participant

All my entries this week were shot Wednesday morning. Maybe I should wait till last minute all the time.

Didn’t you do the same thing on the last “religion” theme? Maybe you’re on to something.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Has anyone ever gotten 1-2-3 before?

Don’t think so. I know we’ve had 1-2, but this might be the first full sweep. Our FSM priest schnee might be able to tell us for sure.

corsec67
    Participant

Don’t think so. I know we’ve had 1-2, but this might be the first full sweep. Our FSM priest schnee might be able to tell us for sure.

U-Mans next challenge: getting tied for 1st place by himself.

Eternal
    Participant

While I like the pics I submitted this week, I don’t think they’re 1-2-3 good. Some that really caught my eye (other than the funny ones. Rusty Cox, heh) were swampa2’s headstone and shadow, Eternal’s IR, I’mNoBigDeals’s blue blue, and the catacombs by newbie mareecar.

Thanks! Glad people like at least one of them…its the clouds…people like Infrared clouds. I was liking the rainbow one you did. Mother is neat and i cant wait til the farkstronomy contest. See you there!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think it’s safe to say U-Man’s sweep isn’t going to get overturned by this point–Congrats!

U-Man
    Participant

Thanks folks. Certainly didn’t expect a sweep when I submitted my pics. Corsec67, you made me lol. 🙂

/up next: dams ‘n’ deers

olavf
    Participant

damn U-Man, congrats.

And here I was getting all excited about nearly having two top tens 😛
    //by one lousy vote, too.

Next week indeed… 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 91 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • The topic ‘04-15-09 – Graves II: The Dead Zone’ is closed to new replies.